autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Indonesian, what should DA/Rotary I get??

Hello, this is my first post in this forum.

Ok, maybe my question already asked so many times by another. So my questions is, what should polisher i get?? DA Or Straight to Rotary??

Since I'm Lived in Indonesia, there's just very little option to get.

I Can't get PC or Griots, there is Flex but I'm hestitant because here isn't any Service Center. Also my home just have 1.300 Watt and 220 V for electricity

The only choice is DASPRO and Shinemate for DA, and Hitachi for Rotary. What should i get first?? Is in here have any experience using that tools?? Please share your experience

Note : I'm never do polish by machine.

Thanks anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm Indonesian, what should DA/Rotary I get??

First of all, welcome to Autogeek, Arie! The obvious first questions are 1. what type of work are you looking to do? and 2. what's your experience level with regard to machine work on vehicles?

I personally started out with a DA many years ago...the PC 7336. After using that for a while and wanting more "bite" i bought a Hitachi rotary. BIG difference and rotaries are notorius for biting back with it's direct drive, non DA strength. I certainly wouldn't recommend a rotary as your first machine. Plus the fact there have been so many improvements to the DA tool offerings along with newer pads and products that rival the correction abilities of my old school rotary.

Based on what you've given us I would tend to suggest the Griots DA. Lifetime warranty as well.

Again, first and foremost...how will you be using it?

Post Thanks / Like

Since you've never picked up a machine before, I assume that this is only for your own vehicles and not for business purposes.

As such, I would suggest a DA polisher. Both the shinemate and DAS Pro are well regarded with the folks in the UK. If you wanted I bit more correction power, perhaps you can get a DAS Pro Plus in your area. The pro plus has better ergonomics than the other DA polishers with faster correction and maintains the safety factor of a DA for beginners.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    First of all, welcome to Autogeek, Arie! The obvious first questions are 1. what type of work are you looking to do? and 2. what's your experience level with regard to machine work on vehicles?

I personally started out with a DA many years ago...the PC 7336. After using that for a while and wanting more "bite" i bought a Hitachi rotary. BIG difference and rotaries are notorius for biting back with it's direct drive, non DA strength. I certainly wouldn't recommend a rotary as your first machine. Plus the fact there have been so many improvements to the DA tool offerings along with newer pads and products that rival the correction abilities of my old school rotary.

Based on what you've given us I would tend to suggest the Griots DA. Lifetime warranty as well.

Again, first and foremost...how will you be using it?
    I'll be using it for correction, since my car have so many light swirl and spider web because wrong car wash method. Since i found this Forum, I always want my car shine. LOL. Thanks for advice

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Since you've never picked up a machine before, I assume that this is only for your own vehicles and not for business purposes.

As such, I would suggest a DA polisher. Both the shinemate and DAS Pro are well regarded with the folks in the UK. If you wanted I bit more correction power, perhaps you can get a DAS Pro Plus in your area. The pro plus has better ergonomics than the other DA polishers with faster correction and maintains the safety factor of a DA for beginners.
    Thanks for advice, yes I'll using it for my car only. Try to get Flex compact since it's have lightweight and DA like build