autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for opinions on some new MF's

With fall coming on soon, I'll be doing more rinseless and waterless washes, especially on my Black DD, so I'd like to beef up my towel selection. My current favorites for rinseless GD method washes and waterless wipedowns are TRC's Eagle Edgeless. I'd like to make this purchase from AG and I've got a few affordable towels on my consideration list that I have no experience with. My priorities are enough thickness to absorb dirt up in the nap and good absorbency for waterless washing.
    The AG edgeless towels have all bad reviews, so I'm thinking of a dozen of either the Gold Plush Jr's Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber or the Supreme 530's http://www.autogeek.net/supreme-buff...ber-towel.html. Both are priced the same at $39.99 per dozen. What's the opinion of those who have them?

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for opinions on some new MF's

I know they're expensive but Griots PFMs. Totally worth it. I also use the Shine and Buff towels, the blue on one side and grey on the other ones. Very nice for waterless wash. Hold a ton of solution. I can do a whole panel and the towel is barely wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for opinions on some new MF's

Have both the Gold Plush JR and the Supreme 530's, love both. Use the 530's for rinseless wash and any spray application, QD, spray wax etc.
    The Gold Plush are my go to for removing wax or sealant.
    Have yet to try Griots PFM towels but have not heard a negative comment on performance.
    Good luck, guessing you will take advantage of any Labor Day sale.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both, and they both lint tiny lintings I can see on black paint. TRC Eagle edgeless are better

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the Supreme 530's. I think they're too thick and big for their own good as they tend to fold over on themselves and don't glide easily over exterior paint. I use them strictly for drying door jambs after a bucket wash.

Post Thanks / Like

can't go wrong with the gold plush jr's, get a dozen or two. versatile in which you can use them for just about anything...

Post Thanks / Like

The towels you mention do not compare to TRC Eagle Edgeless. Not nearly as good as TRC.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Eagle Edgeless. In fact I like a lot of stuff TRC carries..mainly their Korean MF line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    The towels you mention do not compare to TRC Eagle Edgeless. Not nearly as good as TRC.
    I agree 100%. I use the Eagle edgeless in my rinseless wash solution using the GDM. But then I follow with Purple plush 600gsm as my drying towels.

Never used and never will use the towels you mentioned for waterless or rinseless.

My gold plush jr's are used only for wax and sealant removal.

Purple or Grey 530/600 as drying towels. MAYBE waterless as that would work nicely. None of these lint at all for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    With fall coming on soon, I'll be doing more rinseless and waterless washes, especially on my Black DD, so I'd like to beef up my towel selection.
    Hands down the best I use for both wax removal and especially GD style rinseless washes are THE RAG COMPANY (TRC) 16" x 16" Eagle Edgeless Orange or Blue Professional Korean 70/30 Super Plush 480gsm Microfiber Detailing Towels. IIRC, they come in 5 packs for around $20. I use the blue for washing and orange ones for wax removal. They will lint just a bit until you wash/dry them a few times.

When they soak up water they weight close to 2lbs and hold a ton of water making them perfect for folding and wiping GD style. I also have the Supreme 530's but I don't like them. I split a big pack with a member from an Audi forum. One side is less plush, yet soft, the other is a medium to low weave but still soft. They just don't much for me and they still lint as much as the eagle ones I mentioned. I will likely use them on customer cars for wax removal and perhaps 1-2 for drying inside my doors and trunk area.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast