autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for opinions on some new MF's

I'm chuckling to myself between this and the other concurrent drying towel thread that there after all these years there is still no consensus as to what is the best towel for what purpose, it all comes down to user preference.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally use the Shine & Buff towels for rinseless washes that you can see here: Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel

They are a little more expensive than the price range you mentioned ($24.99 for 6), but maybe with Labor Day coming up, some awesome BOGO or deep discount will be pushed out.

I use these with Mckee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax, and they are super absorbent, plush, and do a fantastic job. The deep nap on them really traps dirt well, and is a nice insurance policy to have so you can be more confident in your wiping (if that makes sense). I always change the leading edge on each pass, but just in case it slips out of my hand or something, it's nice to have that.

I'm not sure if pictures will do it justice, but here is the towel in action after multiple passess:

In addition, this has now become my drying towel. The absorbency packs a punch in its 16x16 size, and to me works WAY better than the waffle weave I used to use. I can dry an entire car after a 2BM or rinseless wash without ringing it out once.

I've tried the Supreme 530's and was really disappointed as they do fold over on themselves very easily. I've also given the eagle edgeless a shot, but they gave off a TON of lint even after washing them.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

I also use the shine and buff towels for rinse less or waterless. They are crazy soft, plush and can absorb so much rinse less solution and are also really great for waterless.

Post Thanks / Like

My mainstays for RW-ing/WW-ing
    are edgeless (S.) Korean MF-towels.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm chuckling to myself between this and the other concurrent drying towel thread that there after all these years there is still no consensus as to what is the best towel for what purpose, it all comes down to user preference.
    So true, but that could be said for many parts of this hobby/obsession we share.

Thanks to OP for starting this thread - I have also been looking at rinseless towel options, and had been eyeing both the gold plush jr's and the supreme 530's. Wasn't sure about the gold plush as they seemed like they could be a bit thin; wasn't sold on the 530's with the dual nap format. I have the shine and buff towels, might just add some more to the collection.

May have to tip toe off the home base and try some of the edgeless towels as well. (Sorry AG - at least you've gotten hundreds of my dollars already... )

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but figured instead of posting a new thread I can ask a question here since it deals with MF towels.

What do you guys think about harbor freight MF towels? Yes I know they are junk but for engine bay/ wheels/ and interior would it be fine for?

Local harbor freight is having a great deal of a pack of 12 for $4 coming up so I thought for those part of cars might be worth the price!

Post Thanks / Like

A certain club bulk wholesaler store has 36 yellow towels for $15 which comes to $0.42 per towel (before tax)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    A certain club bulk wholesaler store has 36 yellow towels for $15 which comes to $0.42 per towel (before tax)
    I love these towels. Just cut the tags off and they are a decent towel. If it gets too grimy, I just toss em.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I received some Gold Plush XL towels but forgot to remove the tags before washing, I usually just rip them off when I'm folding them. I didn't know these were glued on!

Does anyone know how to get the glue residue out or did I just ruin my towels?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast