autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you can only have one..

Between the 2 I would also say go with the flex. I've used a friend's GG on a single panel when he was detailing his car. The paint was in good condition with minor swirls and the GG cleaned it up nice. Flex is a bit heavier but more comfortable IMO.

Another to consider is the Rupes. About 6 months ago I was at a dealership late night leasing a car for my dad. Deal was done, car comes out and I noticed a few stains on the clear. Dealership said they tried but couldn't remove it and to come back the next day when the detail guys are in. I noticed the Rupes, few pads and Polish laying around and did it my self. The polisher was real nice to work with, did a little more spots then I needed just to get a good feel for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not that it needs any more votes here but my choice would be the Flex 3401 VRG. The strength and versatility of this machine is unbelievably effective and the DA keeps it relatively safe for the uninitiated.

If you progress to then getting a second machine down the road i would then vote for the GG DA. The ability to change pad sizes faster (which is extremely helpful) is more easily done with the GG unit.

Post Thanks / Like

I only used pneumatic prior to getting my 3401 Flex, from an engineering standpoint I do feel that this forced orbital dual action is the ideal balance between a DA (safe) and a rotary (aggressive).

In my experience the DA Pneumatic tools can in certain situations get "stuck" and do nothing (usually when higher amounts of pressure is applied. I heard this is more common on mid to lower tier electric DA. the good thing about getting stuck is, obviously.. it's not doing much... (very little... kinda like ultrasonic agitation lol)... but the bad thing is there are certain curves that makes it stuck, and is a hindrance in performance.

Pneumatic rotaries are very very good, and so are electric ones (I presume they perform similar if not the same), but their margin for error is substantially less, and will require some serious skill. I remember the time I was learning how to use one, and I couldn't for the life of me get rid of the halos... but its okay now, I still prefer using the 3401 now a days for the extra forgiveness.

That being said, I really would like to try out a big throw high torque DA, and see how they feel compared to my 3401. I do however enjoy using the cyclo (had access to one at work at one time of my life) because its so smooth and easy to work with, but sorta only useful for larger panels.

I have the rupes 75 mini in my scope, but would need to test one out first.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry folks for not getting back into this sooner. Ended up in hospital for a spell. On the mend so looking back into my future purchase. I do appreciate all the different responses and I see what is coming up 1st choice and 2nd choice. Due to the last comment by Chramiji and the Rupes 75 mini. I take it the mini is more suited for ?? If it's meant for small real estate panels such as 'a' pillars and the like, will the 3401 or GG6 not take such as small pad? Also wondered about the Cyclo Chramiji mentioned, but they look like a heavy and possible awkward handling machine, but I guess looks are deceiving since they have such a following?
    IF IT DOESN'T SHINE, IT ISN'T MINE

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for 3401. Great starter machine that will last a lifetime with care.

Post Thanks / Like

Porter Cable 7424xp. I can sand with it, scrub with it, compound, polish, and seal with it. Double insulated against shock, and an unbeatable reputation for durability, and reliability.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the PC.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes MKII

Post Thanks / Like

If I could only have one it would be my hands. I would wish for NO arthritis or any type of inflamation that would stop me from doing my own waxing.

Post Thanks / Like

I do want to apologize for not being more sociable, but I'm sure you don't want to hear my problems either. Thanks to all that responded. After reading these replies, other postings, and calling and harassing AutoGeek sales I pulled the trigger on the PC 7424xp. Came in just a week ago but haven't had time to fire it up and put it to use just yet.

Thanks again everyone and I'll be back for more nuggets. God Bless.
    IF IT DOESN'T SHINE, IT ISN'T MINE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.