autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Torq Foam Cannon question

I just got a new foam cannon (Torq brand) from CG. Came with 1 gallon of snow foam. I'm using a gas pressure washer, 3200psi, 2.5 gpm. I am not getting thick foam. Mixed a good 2 ounces of soap with warm water, 2nd time added more with even warmer water. Mixed it up well, adjusted the air mixture both ways and the foam seemed about the same as my foam gun that I use with the garden hose. My expectations from the videos I watched were that the foam would be much much thicker. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Torq Foam Cannon question

Try asking CGs customer service for help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    I just got a new foam cannon (Torq brand) from CG. Came with 1 gallon of snow foam. I'm using a gas pressure washer, 3200psi, 2.5 gpm. I am not getting thick foam. Mixed a good 2 ounces of soap with warm water, 2nd time added more with even warmer water. Mixed it up well, adjusted the air mixture both ways and the foam seemed about the same as my foam gun that I use with the garden hose. My expectations from the videos I watched were that the foam would be much much thicker. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Doesn't surprise me. As you continue to use CG products you will continue to be disappointed. The Torq foam cannon is not sold by AutoGeek so they are not to be discussed on this forum You will need to contact CG - good luck with that.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Couple things to think about.

You have plenty of power for a foam canon, so certainly not your pressure washer that's the problem. I always connect the cannon directly to my wand and omit the metal extension.

In my experience, optimal foam production will be at the widest spray setting and the solution valve wide open.

Do you have very hard water? This can substantially affect foaming. An inline softener can help a lot. AG has them.

Were you using honeydew snow foam? Not my personal favorite for foam production. Citrus wash+gloss is way better IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Couple things to think about.

You have plenty of power for a foam canon, so certainly not your pressure washer that's the problem. I always connect the cannon directly to my wand and omit the metal extension.

In my experience, optimal foam production will be at the widest spray setting and the solution valve wide open.

Do you have very hard water? This can substantially affect foaming. An inline softener can help a lot. AG has them.

Were you using honeydew snow foam? Not my personal favorite for foam production. Citrus wash+gloss is way better IMO.

Yes I was using the Honeydew. I have Citrus and V07. I'll give those both a try. I am using the extension but they are in the video as well. The foam is milky and runny and just dissipates from the panels quickly. In the videos that I have watched its thick like shaving creme or whipped cream. I would say the foam is similar to my foam gun using a regular garden hose. Thanks for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the amount of foam or less that I am getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjG8dD9dQpM

Post Thanks / Like

There is a metal screen inside the unit. May want to remove it and clean it, perhaps it got fouled before you received the unit. There is a video on here about removal.

Remove the pin in the black plastic nozzle, remove the nozzle, unscrew the fitting under the nozzle (will require
    Wrenches). The screen lives there.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Received an email from CG with an address to send the cannon back to. Sent back last week. They should have it Monday. I will see what they will do for me. I am in the process of switching over to AG as my CG products run out.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    Received an email from CG with an address to send the cannon back to. Sent back last week. They should have it Monday. I will see what they will do for me. I am in the process of switching over to AG as my CG products run out.

Thanks
    I, too bought into the CG hype a while ago...mainly because I have a friend who swears by their products. Thankfully, my supply of Diablo Wheel cleaner is running out, and will not be replaced. It wasn't terrible, but not any better than anything you can buy at WalMart. Bought a bottle of Mr Pink, which will not be replaced either...Meguiars Gold Class is simply better. Their Butter Wet Wax is okay, but once that is used up, will not be replaced.

Good luck with CG customer service....not always the best.....

Post Thanks / Like

So an update on the foam cannon situation for anyone that cares. They sent me an email finally after I called and left a voicemail, and sent 3 emails. The email was real vague. Just gave me the address to send it back to. So I sent it out Wednesday May 18th and then once I had the Fedex tracking I sent that information to the guy I was in contact with via email. To make a long story short I have not heard anything since then and I sent another 3 emails once I got confirmation it was received by them through tracking info. I told them I just wanted to be credited so I can get some new pads for my new Flex I got through AG and then I will cut my loses. Haven't heard a thing.

Any idiot/business can sell something. To be a good professional business it takes great customer service to back up your products and take care of the customers. To me customer service is everything. I shouldn't have to chase a company around to find out what the status is. These people should be checking there emails at a minimum daily and getting back to their customers with the information they ask for.

I am glad I found this place. And from the sounds of it, the customer service is decent.

So long Chemical Guys.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast