autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash mitt for rinse less wash help.

Would a Super Plush Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt be safe for a
    rinseless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

^That depends on your definition of safe and your wash method/technique.

I occasionally use a cheap micro-chenille wash mitt with rinseless on the very bottom of lower body panels/bumpers. Mine does not hold much solution so I put a grout sponge in it. I don't like it much for rinseless, it seems better suited for a traditional wash. A higher quality one may work better than mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    ^That depends on your definition of safe and your wash method/technique.

I occasionally use a cheap micro-chenille wash mitt with rinseless on the very bottom of lower body panels/bumpers. Mine does not hold much solution so I put a grout sponge in it. I don't like it much for rinseless, it seems better suited for a traditional wash. A higher quality one may work better than mine.
    This is the mitt that I have right now. Didn't know if I needed to purchase the recommended rinseless wash mitt or to use 10 microfiber towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poyo150 View Post
    I've been using a rinse less wash since my garage walls are made of drywall. I wanted to know what is a good wash mitt for a rinse less wash?
    Meg's Wash Mitt is a solid A.

Ultra Soft Rinseless Mitt is A+.

Is the rinseless rinse worth the extra $? Yes. You know where the extra spending went when performing a rinseless or traditional wash.

Is Meg's an inferior product by comparison? No. You're not 'settling' for a lesser product. It's a great buy - solid bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    This is the mitt that I have right now. Didn't know if I needed to purchase the recommended rinseless wash mitt or to use 10 microfiber towels.
    From a personal experience, I don't like the "lumpy" feel of chenille vs AG's or Meg's. Both mitts mentioned yield better contact surface, which in tern feels more productive; like sweeping junk off of surface rather than the rake feel I get with a chenille.

Personally, I would try the chenille and towels back to back/on the same wash and see which you feel most comfortable with. As much as anyone could suggest, and all the reading & vids, nothing beats 'hands on.' That's when you'll know what works and feel where you would kick it up or dial down.

And don't worry too much and get caught up into "chasing the mirror." You'll bound to get a few scratches here and there, it's the nature of the beast. Go in carefree but be mindful. Have fun! You could always polish it up later.

Post Thanks / Like

^I agree. It just depends on what you feel is best for the level safety you want.

Can you use it? Sure

Do many people use chenille mitts for rinseless? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

The safest rinseless wash method I can think of goes:

Pressure washer pre-rinse.

Pretreat with a rinseless wash in a sprayer with a dilution at, or greater than, your rinseless wash ratio.

Use stack of towels in your wash bucket. Use one side per swipe while continuously rolling back the towel to expose a fresh towel surface. Flip, fold, grab a new towel, ect... until done with the area that you want to clean. Dry with a dampened rung out towel and a drying aid.

You could use the same method as above with a mitt but just rinse the mitt when you feel it's nessisary.

I generally use two buckets with one rinse bucket with just water. Sometimes I pretreat, sometimes I don't. I make a light pass or two with my mitt, flip it and do the same. I rinse the mitt then sometimes go back over the area again with little to no pressure. Then I dry with a damped waffle weave towel. I'll use a spray wax to dry with if the rinseless do not contain protection.

If you find you have to constantly rinse the mitt to feel safe then most would say it probably should have been washed by the traditional car wash method. Me? I'll do a modified rinseless wash on just about anything that is just short of muddy. But these are usually not well cared for cars either. I modify my technique per the situation, vehicle, and the customer needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a couple of these, Ultra Soft Microfiber Rinseless Wash Mitt since Dec. and they've worked great.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy using these Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. Last question, can I perform the rinseless wash with super plush microfiber towels or does it have to be a "Rinseless wash towel"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Last question, can I perform the rinseless wash with super plush microfiber towels or does it have to be a "Rinseless wash towel"?
    Any towel will do. The plusher the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I use 16" x 16" Eagle Edgeless Korean 70/30 Super Plush 480gsm Microfiber Detailing Towels. They soak up and hold a TON of solution and are slick as can be over the surface. Lots of long fibers that do an excellent job of holding onto the dirt. I fold them to create 16 fresh clean surfaces when using a single bucket method.

They work great. I been using Rinseless with that technique on my S4 since last fall with no issues.
    I've been using UWW with The Rag Company's chenille microfiber mitts. So far I've been very happy with them and impressed with TRC's prices and quality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast