autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Soap review (found the soap I have been looking for)

*This review is done with a paid product, I paid for this soap this was not a sample given to me free* (wish it was it would have save my $$ lol)
    Product Name: Optimums Soap (New formula)
    Product Container: Came in plastic 128oz container pretty sturdy, it fell of my hose roller thingy and didn't bust open or leak from cap. I know fallen from 10 inches of the ground isn't much but thats as high as it goes for me.
    Product Labeling: Like most boutique products it's pretty direct and to the point. Clear directions and product and company info very visible.

Product Characteristics: It's dark blue thick like Megs GC, very very slippery when mixed.

Product Performance: Outstanding in every category. It cleaned the paint very well with little scrubbing needed. More scrubbing needed if you have oil smudges on the fender like many other soaps including NXT. For those who look for long lasting suds this has exactly what you are looking for.

Product Price: $30 for a gallon that I can tell is going to last a very long time.

Product Safety: Can be used by anybody with common sense. Don't drink it or get it in your eye. If it gets into your eye and you can't take the pain, smash your thumb with a hammer it will get your mind of your eye. Me nor AG is not responsible for any hospital bill incurred by self bodily harm. Don't do this if you do please post results .
    Conclusion: This soap is every thing I wanted and more. Lubricities is outstanding in this soap. In conjunction with WG DGS my sheep skin literary glided over the paint. The only other soap that did that for me is Pinnacles soap but at a much higher price ($30 vs $60 gallon). Having a white car I can clearly see how well soaps clean. With all the rain lately my car turned off white. After doing a section the bright white returned with very little effort on my part. Want suds that last the entire car wash? Well here's what Optimums looks like after washing the car, then washing the tires/rims (including the barrels) and drying the car (yes I cleaned the rims/tire last).
    *NOTE:Not not once did I spray a shot of water into the bucket. This picture is just from my dunking my mitt and all purpose mf towels for rim/tire duty. What amazed me most is normally tire and rim cleaning kills suds in the bucket, it did not faze OP soap one bit. Again picture is after I already washed the entire car AND dried it

As you can see it even made my rinse bucket foam up and stay that way

Last edited by wytstang; 10-28-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    *This review is done with a paid product, I paid for this soap this was not a sample given to me free* (wish it was it would have save my $$ lol)
    That makes a HUGE difference. Im glad you mentioned that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know some folks take free sample reviews with a grain of salt. Which if fine by me I normally take folks word for it (honor system) as long as they have more then 1 post lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice review I used the Surf City wash and wax today and I was impressed with it. When I need to order soap I will pick that one up.

-Corey
    Corey Smith

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith2287 View Post
    nice review I used the Surf City wash and wax today and I was impressed with it. When I need to order soap I will pick that one up.

-Corey
    How was the lubricating of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ehhh, I dont think it has anything to do with the amount of posts someone has.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does if someone post a review and raves about a product and that is there first post. Unless I've seen that member on another board, I would be a bit weary of the review. I'm not saying someone with few post indicates how good they are if that 's what it sounds like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wytstang thanks for the review.
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review on the Optimum. Have you used DP Xtreme? If so what are you thoughts? If not, I'd be willing to trade you some DP Xtreme for some Optimum. That way we can both compare and review. I love DP Xteme and yes I ordered and paid for it!
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see too much about this soap, but it sounds good thinking about it I need some more soap haha.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast