autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Diamondite Glass Cleaning System

Products:

Diamondite® Glasswork Shield

Diamondite® Glass Resurfacing Crème

Diamondite® Glasswork Restorer

Price & Price per Ounce

Total Cost for all 3: 38.99

Manufacturer Claims

Glasswork Shield: This polymer glass sealant is designed specifically to fill the microscopic ridges and valleys of glass. This perfectly clear coating repels dirt and moisture to maintain optimal visibility. Glasswork Shield is a water-based polymer sealant that dries clear and streak-free when applied to clean glass.
    Glasswork Resurfacing Crème: Diamondite Glass Resurfacing Crème utilizes a high grade mineral abrasive to polish glass to incredible clarity and smoothness. The abrasives are pyramid-shaped to provide more leveling ability yet they still break down into a fine powder to leave the glass sleek and smooth. Lubricants buffer the abrasives to protect the glass from micro-marring and distortion.

Glasswork Restorer: This product is formulated for glass – every precaution was taken to create a safe yet uncommonly effective glass polish. By gently burnishing the outermost glass, little by little, there is no risk of distorting the glass. By hand or machine application, DIamondite Glasswork Restorer works safely to polish away imperfections and leave glass smooth and flawless.

Directions: Resurfacing Crème and Glasswork Restorer:

Directions:
    1. Screw the drill adapter into the backing plate and tighten with a wrench. Insert the adapter into your electric drill and tighten the chuck. Press a 4 inch orange foam pad onto the backing plate.
    2. Dispense an X of Diamondite Glasswork Restorer across the pad. If you are using a drill or rotary polisher, set the maximum speed at 1800 RPM. If using a dual action polisher, set the speed to 4. Apply the polish on about a quarter of the windshield at a time. Work in an overlapping motion until the polish starts to dry. There is no need to apply pressure to the machine.
    3. Use the a soft microfiber towel to remove residue.
    Directions: Glasswork Shield:
    Directions:
    1. Mist the glass with Diamondite Glasswork Shield and use the folded microfiber towel to spread the sealant over the glass.
    2. Flip the towel to a dry side and buff the glass to a bright shine.
    Allow Glasswork Shield to cure for an hour and then apply another coat if desired.

Packaging

The products come in a 4 oz bottle blue bottles with a flip cap top. The Glasswork Shield comes in a 4oz blue bottle with a spray top. All three products are part of the Diamondite Glass Cleaning System. The labels are nice, and the directions are easy to read and follow.

Color/Scent/Viscosity

The Restoration Crème and Glasswork Restorer are cream colored liquids. No scent. The Glasswork Shield is a clear liquid.

Application

The product calls for application with a polishing pad or cordless drill.

Overall Thoughts

I am very pleased with these products. I tested the products on my 1967 Nova which has the original glass. The prior owner had some marks where the glass was hit with a sander. I used the Glass Restoration Crème and Glasswork Restorer via a PC with a white 4 inch PC pad on the drivers and passenger side windows. I plan on replacing my front windshield so I really didn’t want to waste the time and product on it. I applied the product to the pad and buffed at speed 5 for about 2 mins until the products hazed. I buffed with a glass micro fiber.

I started with the Restoration Crème and then followed with the Glasswork Restorer. After using both the clarity in the glass was amazing. I noticed that the marks from the sander were harder to see. I plan on retrying the system with an orange 4 inch pad to see if I can completely remove the marks. The product was extremely easy to use and made my glass look brand new.

I followed with the Glasswork Shield which reminds me of a nice glass cleaner.

I would highly recommend this system for neglected glass with waterspots. The entire application process only took about 15 mins.

Cons/Complaints

None at all. Highly recommend.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review! Any pics of before and after?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to see a review on a product that doesn't get a lot of press. I've wondered how well a glass restoration kit worked and your review helped for future reference. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on it.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good review and just right for me. I have been looking at this product for my wifes van headlights as they are starting to look quite bad. Thanks for the review and helping me decide to spend more money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bfowkes View Post
    This is a good review and just right for me. I have been looking at this product for my wifes van headlights as they are starting to look quite bad. Thanks for the review and helping me decide to spend more money.
    No! Not for headlights (unless your headlights are glass)! If you want a kit for plastic headlights, look into Wolfgang Plastic Lens Cleaning System.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pat, great review, Diamondite is like DP its a hidden gem,does not get a lot of PR like AL said but it does the job and that is what is important!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pat. Enjoyed your review. Good info.