autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ozone Generator/Machine

Looking to take my interior cleaning to the next level with the help of a small ozone machine to eliminate odors. Now I realize that a thorough interior cleaning is still needed before using the ozone machine. I don't know what to look for or where to start because there are soooo many different makes and models that are priced from $40 to $1000! I can tell you that my budget is in the $100-$200 range so I hope a good ozone machine can be purchased for that. My top choices were models by Enerzen, Fresher Air, and New Comfort. If anyone has experience with those brands please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ozone Generator/Machine

I have the $99 one from Amazon. I use it for my house, not detailing. It's not the fanciest, but it really pumps out the ozone.
    It doesn't smell exactly like fresh air, more like "synthetic" fresh air, if that makes sense.
    If you make money off detailing, I'd get a nicer one, but otherwise, I think all of them in that price range are pretty similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98LowRanger View Post
    Looking to take my interior cleaning to the next level with the help of a small ozone machine to eliminate odors. Now I realize that a thorough interior cleaning is still needed before using the ozone machine. I don't know what to look for or where to start because there are soooo many different makes and models that are priced from $40 to $1000! I can tell you that my budget is in the $100-$200 range so I hope a good ozone machine can be purchased for that. My top choices were models by Enerzen, Fresher Air, and New Comfort. If anyone has experience with those brands please let me know.
    save your money.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought one 4 years ago,useless as the smells and odors just come back have to target the area and clean it otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Odor bombs work great for a nasty smelling car ,usually takes 2 of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Bought one 4 years ago,useless as the smells and odors just come back have to target the area and clean it otherwise.
    Like most things, it takes a multi-faceted approach.
    Of course it won't work if you don't actually remove the source of an odor.

Post Thanks / Like

Save your $$ and spray this into the vents. Smell is very very strong for a few weeks and then it's perfection. Works great.

3D HD Odor Eliminator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    Save your $$ and spray this into the vents. Smell is very very strong for a few weeks and then it's perfection. Works great.

3D HD Odor Eliminator

This option is very tempting. At $9 a can, it won't take long to add up though. Yes, I realize I would have to buy 22 cans to equal the $200 I am looking at spending on an ozone generator, but none the less it still will add up. I don't want to mask an odor and some people are sensitive to the strong fragrances used in some of these products. I know Renny Doyle, uses Ozone (or at least he did in 2009) and he has years of experience and highly regarded as one of the best in our industry. I'm not saying, if he told me to jump off a bridge I would, but I figure that his experience is worth taking into consideration.

I watched some of his videos on ozone on Youtube which were very informative. He recommends a UV ozone generator, but there are still soooo many different brands. I'm waiting to hear back from him on which brand(s) he recommends, but due to how busy he is, I m not expecting to get a reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually owning a ozone machine owners and operators utilize them as part as income stream.If you are gonna buy one and stick it in the car pro bono as part as a interior detail save your money.If you are charging per hour or less using this machine you will have to market that to your customers for added income.

Post Thanks / Like

And be careful and knowledgeable about the use of one,as you can damage a car interior.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast