autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice for first coating?

With an early spring approaching I'm thinking about my spring cleanup for my vehicles. I have a '15 Subaru Outback and a '13 Mini Cooper S. I'm thinking that I'd like to coat both of them this year and I'm trying to decide between Optimum Gloss Coat, CQuartz, CQuartz UK or one of AG's house brands. I've been leaning towards CQuartz or UK after prepping with CarPro Essence. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice for first coating?

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
    With an early spring approaching I'm thinking about my spring cleanup for my vehicles. I have a '15 Subaru Outback and a '13 Mini Cooper S. I'm thinking that I'd like to coat both of them this year and I'm trying to decide between Optimum Gloss Coat, CQuartz, CQuartz UK or one of AG's house brands. I've been leaning towards CQuartz or UK after prepping with CarPro Essence. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
    If your looking for ease and simplicity go with gloss coat,U.K. Maybe hard to rub off and cq finest you can onl get if your a authorized installer.

Post Thanks / Like

Will Gloss Coat look as good as UK and will it have similar durability and hydrophobic properties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I applied CQuartz UK and have been happy so far with the results, so definitely worth looking into. Having said that there have been a lot of positive feedback on this forum of the Wolfgang Uber coating and since I have used the WG Sealer & Fuzion wax with excellent results, I may go to WGU coating although it is quite a bit more expensive than CQuartz
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Post Thanks / Like

I would advice you to go with Black Label Diamond Coating V2, it's one of the easiest coating to use and even if high spot occur you can remove them out pretty easy. Also they have fixed the beading problem already, now they will have more durability as well as super tight beading. Good thing is that it was design to accept wax or sealant top up as well, so you can amp up the shine anytime you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
    Will Gloss Coat look as good as UK and will it have similar durability and hydrophobic properties?

yes very nice gloss and durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Advice for first coating?

I've used the DuraGloss Nano Glass ceramic coating as well as the Pinnacle Black Label 850 and without a doubt the PBL is the better of the 2. I applied it to my car this past fall and let me tell you, the clean up is a snap! Once done doing a RW or WW the car gloss is stunning. Its also as easy to use as the DGNCC was but is holding up better IMO and the previously mentioned looks
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've used the DuraGloss Nano Glass ceramic coating as well as the Pinnacle Black Label 850 and without a doubt the PBL is the better of the 2. I applied it to my car this past fall and let me tell you, the clean up is a snap! Once done doing a RW or WW the car gloss is stunning. Its also as easy to use as the DGNCC was but is holding up better IMO and the previously mentioned looks

PBL is somewhat compelling but it's very expensive. Plus they don't have a paint coating only kit....only a kit with all of their coating products. Probably still between Gloss Coat and CQUK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For ease of application, you cannot beat Gloss Coat. I personally prefer UK, but it has a learning curve which steers a lot of people away. It's very thick, very durable, nearly perfect to be honest. It will outperform what some coating companies call their pro ceramic coating too. But, like I said, if you are new to coatings, Gloss Coat cannot be beat in terms of ease of application. Many order both, and start with Gloss Coat learning the basics then move to UK. But if you are in a mild climate, try out CQuarts Standard, it's pretty easy too and really durable and glossy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillWashesCars View Post
    For ease of application, you cannot beat Gloss Coat. I personally prefer UK, but it has a learning curve which steers a lot of people away. It's very thick, very durable, nearly perfect to be honest. It will outperform what some coating companies call their pro ceramic coating too. But, like I said, if you are new to coatings, Gloss Coat cannot be beat in terms of ease of application. Many order both, and start with Gloss Coat learning the basics then move to UK. But if you are in a mild climate, try out CQuarts Standard, it's pretty easy too and really durable and glossy.

I live in the Northeast so it's definitely not mild, however I'll be waiting until late March or early April to apply. I'm assuming the temperature greatly affects application? Is there a big difference in look between Gloss Coat and CQUK? I've read that UK really deepens color and adds a lot of gloss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast