autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Rinseless Wash Mitt/Sponge

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Can you link me to the mitt?
    Ultra Soft Microfiber Rinseless Wash Mitt

Post Thanks / Like

With the release of this "new mitt" I understand why I've been so pleased with my method of doing rinseless washes for the last 10 years. I use these mitts:
    [IMG][/IMG]

They have the same very soft "open ended nap" as the new mitt. I remove the stitching that creates the finger pocket so that I can insert a grout sponge and move it from mitt to mitt. Holds allot of water that you can control by just squeezing as you want more or less. With the grout sponge inserted it acts like a pad that you can just let glide over the surface with just the weight of the pad. You can wash a small area with one side then flip it over and rewash that area again or move to a second area if the car isn't too dirty. At $3.50 each you can have a few and then throw them all in the wash with your other towels.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the new Rinseless wash mitt and used it today. It works great, my favorite so far. The dirt rinses off very easily, my favorite so far out of the grout sponge, sheepskin mitt and just regular microfiber towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    I have a Big Red Sponge and it works ok.

Pros -- releases dirt quickly and never gets dirty. One dip in the rinse bucket and the sponge is clean

Cons -- It drags on the paint more than a wash mitt. It also drips water all over the floor and uses lots of water on each wash
    It is also very dense and does not want to wash very good in tight corners. It works much better on full size vans with lots of flat area
    I'll agree with this. I got one this week. I think that I'll be using my BRS along with the MF towel that I have. Each has its pros and cons.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how you guys have the patience for rinseless wash.I would just hose hit down and forget about all those things to purchase for rinseless washing.Understandable if you can't get a hose or epa restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like

I am 100% mobil and have to use rinse less for some customers due to them living in apartment complexes and me not hauling a large water tank. I don't mind doing rinse less too much and it does also work well on dirty vehicles. I use what I would call aggressive rinse less technique. No rinsing or pretreating unless the vehicle is in great condition or is a special interest vehicle. Just no rinse, no buff, spray wax and dry.

ski2
    Where did you find those mitts. I like the idea of using a grout sponge inside of a mitt and have been thinking about doing that myself. I have a no name chenille that I cut the cuff off of and removed the liner and seems to be the perfect size to stuff a grout sponge into.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post

ski2
    Where did you find those mitts.
    Either Neatitems.com or The Rag Company

Post Thanks / Like

Found them, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I don't know how you guys have the patience for rinseless wash.I would just hose hit down and forget about all those things to purchase for rinseless washing.Understandable if you can't get a hose or epa restrictions.
    I still have two buckets, two grit guards, and a wash media like if I was doing a conventional hose wash. I just use a lot less water, don't have water dripping from seams, and generally get done in less time doing rinseless than hose washing. I don't have any restrictions here, it's just my preferred method.
    I get the hose out only when I sprayed the wheels with a dedicated wheel cleaner like Dub or Sonax, and that's about every 6 weeks and wheels/tires only. I think I only did 3 total hose washes this year, and I always do one on each car in spring to flush all the salt and winter crap out.
    Rinseless is nice since it can be done anywhere. I did one in a hotel parking lot after a 500 mile drive before I went to a funeral.

Post Thanks / Like

Ski2

I too like the idea of inserting grout sponge. I have lowe's proline one and HD one. Which one will fit correctly?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast