autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this look normal? Can it be fixed?

Do these rockers look normal? A part of it looks like it has a pink tinge to it? I know the bottom plastic rocker will never look the same as the other panels but this looks really off.

Anyway is that normal and if not can it be fixed?

Does this look normal? Can it be fixed?-img_2444-jpg

Does this look normal? Can it be fixed?-img_2440-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does this look normal? Can it be fixed?

There are a few steps that you can start off with to try and remedy this problem. I would start with CarPro Trix. After that move on to claying the rocker panel. After that I would finish up by polishing the paint with a light polish and check the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the rocker panel that same pink tinge on the inside of the door jam or does the white match up there? It maybe single stage white paint and starting to oxidize on the exposed side.

I would be trying what Mike said.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    There are a few steps that you can start off with to try and remedy this problem. I would start with CarPro Trix. After that move on to claying the rocker panel. After that I would finish up by polishing the paint with a light polish and check the results.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by High Caliber View Post
    Is the rocker panel that same pink tinge on the inside of the door jam or does the white match up there? It maybe single stage white paint and starting to oxidize on the exposed side.

It's really just that one area. The other side looks somewhat normal. By normal I mean like other rocker panels on Nissan Altimas. I went by my local dealership and all the rockers look like crap but this one is the worst as its giving a pink glow in just some spots.

None of the pear white Altimas looked very good. I guess I'll be happy with just getting the pink shine out if possible.

I'm beginning to think it is from the sun and salt from the winter. If thats the case can it be fixed? Should I still follow the steps mentioned above?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by High Caliber View Post

You know what, it does look the same inside the door. Does this mean its just how it was painted? I can't do anything then?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you're out of luck yet. Just try a test spot in the door jam area and see what results you get. Follow the steps provided by Mike and you should achieve favorable results.

Do you own a Dual action polisher? If not then you will have to put in some elbow grease when polishing.

Give it a shot and post back your results.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the carpro trix and clayed it with no results. Should I bother with the polish? Don't have any so would have to go out and get some but first 2 steps didn't do anything. Plus I don't have a polisher.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You pick up some Ultimate compound at just about parts store and try that by hand.

I would also post up your location....there may be a forum member close to you who might lend a hand with a polisher.
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Does the rocker have the same discoloration on the underside? I would save time & try some 2000 wet sandpaper in a small area underneath. That'll tell you if it's worth the time hand polishing or looking to borrow a buffer or finding a friend with one.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    You pick up some Ultimate compound at just about parts store and try that by hand.

I would also post up your location....there may be a forum member close to you who might lend a hand with a polisher.
    I'm in Canada. Markham Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by heckhole View Post
    Does the rocker have the same discoloration on the underside? I would save time & try some 2000 wet sandpaper in a small area underneath. That'll tell you if it's worth the time hand polishing or looking to borrow a buffer or finding a friend with one.
    Whats the most aggressive way going about this? I went to get a quote from a paint shop. $300 for both rockers. Another guy told me to fight with Nissan but I have been fighting with them since day 1. Kind of just want to get this right and over with.