autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your "GO TO" interior protectant

I second CG silk shine!!
    low gloss, NO greasy feeling left behind, good longevity and great scent.... plus water based
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Did you buff the 303 out after you applied it?

When applying 303 you put it down thin and then buff it off. If you don't it will look shiny and may even be slick on some seating surfaces.

I use it on all of my vehicles and the interior looks just like it did when they rolled off the lot.

I believe I dried it completely, but your testimony and that of others has me left with room for doubt. I sprayed on the rag (very lightly), then wiped until dry. I don't recall at the moment whether or not I used a second rag to buff or simply flipped the source rag to a dry section. It was about a month ago. But I did read/know in advance of application that the instructions said to wipe completely dry.

I'm wondering whether my interpretation of dry and theirs are slightly different. Even your notion of actually "buffing" seems to be perhaps more than my idea of passing a dry rag until I see no more streaking.

Maybe I need to give it another try and this time focus on buffing it all out. I think we're splitting hairs, but maybe that extra ten seconds of labor on the dash is where all the magic happens with this product.???

Thanks. And thanks, Jomax for your earlier post--I will have to try Meguiars QID sometime too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mannichine View Post
    I believe I dried it completely, but your testimony and that of others has me left with room for doubt. I sprayed on the rag (very lightly), then wiped until dry. I don't recall at the moment whether or not I used a second rag to buff or simply flipped the source rag to a dry section. It was about a month ago. But I did read/know in advance of application that the instructions said to wipe completely dry.

I'm wondering whether my interpretation of dry and theirs are slightly different. Even your notion of actually "buffing" seems to be perhaps more than my idea of passing a dry rag until I see no more streaking.

Maybe I need to give it another try and this time focus on buffing it all out. I think we're splitting hairs, but maybe that extra ten seconds of labor on the dash is where all the magic happens with this product.???

Thanks. And thanks, Jomax for your earlier post--I will have to try Meguiars QID sometime too.

303 ap more or less soaks into the surface. The buffing is just removing any excess. If it looks blotchy then apply another coat and repeat the buffing process. I have had to do that in the past with an older dash. Another example, the first time I do tires with 303 I spray them down and let them sit for a couple hours- then buff- recoat and buff again-for a nice satin finish. Usually after that it is just a quick once over the next time.
    If your looking for uv protection with very minimal change in appearance you can use 303 Speed Detailer. It will provide 30-45 days of uv protection depending on exposure.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are going to think I'm crazy. I have used all of the above plus many other specialty products. But my go to chemicals for exteriors are now my interiors. I do the GD method for rinse less wash so I always have a bucket of micro fibers soaking in ONR. I take one of these micro and wipe down everything. I start with glass and mirrors, then dry them immediately to prevent any dry streaks. Then I do the same for the cluster, touch screens and LCDs. I still use brushes, pop sickle sticks and compressed air for the nooks and crannies going to steam and straight APC for anything stubborn. Now when this is done I have lots of options. If it's a worn out interior I will use a dressing like HD or #40, but my preference is to wipe it down with Meg's Express Spray Wax. Gives it a great natural finish with just the right amount of shine. Great UV protection. It actually fills in some minor scratches on the fake wood surfaces. Plus I have noticed it repels dust rather then attracting it like a dressing. The best part is it has really decreased the need for so many special chemicals.

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post
    You guys are going to think I'm crazy. I have used all of the above plus many other specialty products. But my go to chemicals for exteriors are now my interiors. I do the GD method for rinse less wash so I always have a bucket of micro fibers soaking in ONR. I take one of these micro and wipe down everything. I start with glass and mirrors, then dry them immediately to prevent any dry streaks. Then I do the same for the cluster, touch screens and LCDs. I still use brushes, pop sickle sticks and compressed air for the nooks and crannies going to steam and straight APC for anything stubborn. Now when this is done I have lots of options. If it's a worn out interior I will use a dressing like HD or #40, but my preference is to wipe it down with Meg's Express Spray Wax. Gives it a great natural finish with just the right amount of shine. Great UV protection. It actually fills in some minor scratches on the fake wood surfaces. Plus I have noticed it repels dust rather then attracting it like a dressing. The best part is it has really decreased the need for so many special chemicals.

Jacksonville Auto Detailing - Home
    I enjoy hearing about new concepts.
    I wonder if this would work with Ultima WW+ wipedown, then Aqua wax which are my go to products for washing and quick wax touch up.

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely. Today's exterior products are designed to clean and protect all the materials you would find on the outside of a car. Painted parts, plastics, rubber, glass. Pretty much the same stuff you see inside the car. The thing is manufactures will not advertise an "all car product" when they can sell you 10 different products for specific things. Business 101.

www.JaxDetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

303.........AND........ Duragloss 531 Marine/RV Protectant!....

Corey from Carpro did a test on numerous "Protectants" a few years back, and found that DG 531 still remained on interior panels after a full year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGXP View Post
    303.........AND........ Duragloss 531 Marine/RV Protectant!....

Corey from Carpro did a test on numerous "Protectants" a few years back, and found that DG 531 still remained on interior panels after a full year!

Is that with weekly cleaning of the panels? Or untouched for a year?
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I use a MP cleaner then use D156 X=wax on everything on the interior that is not fabric. Apply and buff just like the exterior, works great and leaves a nice mild satin shine .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frankprozzoly View Post
    Does anyone just clean and not top with anything
    On new interiors yea, just Megs QID, but on old lackluster interiors a nice high quality protectant sure does the trick, and the results speak for themselves.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast