autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Long Does it Take You to Detail a Vehicle?

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum..well new to posting but I've been lurking for some time lol! I'm also not new to detailing either. It usually takes me anywhere from 2-3 hours on interiors and 1-2 hours on exteriors. Nowadays tho I try to have some help cuz I can't stand working 5+ hours on a job alone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Detailing is scale able to a certain degree if ur by you're self no ,you're income will be limited and it's a revolving door in this business,u can get three good feeding dealers ,hire 5 guys pay all those taxes and chemicals and insurance,and work 7 days a week and deal with dealers they will run you to the ground at the end of the year u will be saying why did I do this cause maybe just maybe u will break even,as to u work in by ur self guys I've been doing this for 23 years ,I've done all that,just trying to educate u in the real world ,get a 9 to 5 job with health insurance and detail on the weekends . You're not gonna make 100k in you're pocket net ,the most I mademism87 k then start making ur deductions,if u like to work on cars stay small make 60 k a little deductions that's the way to do it ,and stay away of brick and mortar it will eat ur profits quick.or but a 500 k car wash which is on the cheap side and do 150 cars a day ,that will maybe get u to a 100 k take home
    I agree, if you don't know how to run a business stick with a 9-5 job. But telling everyone here they aren't good enough to achieve their dreams is just nonsense. If you have enough drive and passion and set goals you can make anything happen. Running my business has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done. But if you don't know marketing or know an expert forget it. Yeah, if you get a shop that's tucked away from public eye your money is just going into rent. Location is key with a brick and mortar. My shop is on one of the busiest corners in town and does most of my marketing for me. Without the shop I'd still be mobile spending tons of money on fuel and time on setup and takedown plus now achieving the results we all strive for. I have 3 employees and don't touch dealer cars. In the last 5 months I've done 70k in revenue. Yes, I'm still investing lots in new tools and bulk product so profits aren't huge, but there is equity in my business. I have a passion for detailing along with growing my company. All I ask is for you to stop tearing people from their dreams. Thanks
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    To detail a vehicle I will usually spend between one to fifty hours.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll let you know Sunday night. I'm going to do my wife's car: wash, Nanosponge, Blackfire TPS tomorrow, then Collinite 845 on Sunday. This will be the most extensive exterior detail I've ever done. Wish me luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    I'll let you know Sunday night. I'm going to do my wife's car: wash, Nanosponge, Blackfire TPS tomorrow, then Collinite 845 on Sunday. This will be the most extensive exterior detail I've ever done. Wish me luck

Good luck!
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123