autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Crystal Coat again

Blackfire crystal coat on a Dodge Charger with custom paint. The car turned out nice and blackfire is pretty easy to use. Just thought i would put up another positive post using the BF coating. If you want to see more pics i have 39 of the Charger on my FB business page. Thank you Nick Rutter for turning me on to the Blackfire coating its good stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackfire Crystal Coat again-chargerbfcoated-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat again-chargerswirls-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat again-chargernoswirls-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat again-chargerbefore-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat again-chargerafter-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat again-blackfirecharger-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Crystal Coat again

That looks beautiful!

When you say pretty easy... Obviously not Crystal Seal easy, but is it tough getting the coat even? Keeping down high spots?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=LaFawnduh;1248247]That looks beautiful!

When you say pretty easy... Obviously not Crystal Seal easy, but is it tough getting the coat even? Keeping down high spots?
    QUOTE]

Getting the coating even is very easy with a foam block applicator and a suede microfiber towel wrapped around it. I even customized my foam block cutting it with a razor blade. Now i can tuck the small suede towels into it. Keeping high spots down is much easier than Cquartz UK which is also a quartz based coating that hardens in the applicator. Prep is the key meaning you have to get the oils off using the BF paint prep so the coating sticks. I use a few M/F towels in my leveling process. First one to get the bulk of it and the second one to clean up anything the first may have just smeared. Then the last one when im done is a bigger suede M/F with no nap to make it as smooth as glass. Then the towels go in the trash as they will scratch paint afterwards. You can clean the exhaust with them before the toss its painful to do because i use brand new never used towels for coatings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackfire Crystal Coat again-img_2590-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I have to give a shout out to David from OKC Headlights. He saw my post and went to my business FB page and liked it. He sent me an email and i went to his site and liked his. The power of this forum in a positive way is amazing. I was actually a little worried about putting myself under the microscope. If we all do good i think its good for our industry and our reputation. In return more business and more money to have more fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wagner View Post
    I have to give a shout out to David from OKC Headlights. He saw my post and went to my business FB page and liked it. He sent me an email and i went to his site and liked his. The power of this forum in a positive way is amazing. I was actually a little worried about putting myself under the microscope. If we all do good i think its good for our industry and our reputation. In return more business and more money to have more fun!
    Thank you for the kind words, sir! You have some great work posted on your pages BTW!
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

I use the BF Coating almost daily.
    The coating is easy to use and the paint looks amazing once completed.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    I use the BF Coating almost daily.
    The coating is easy to use and the paint looks amazing once completed.

How is the water behaviour? Similar to other coatings ?
    You should probably start a holy grail thread for it (best technique to apply, various pics you keep doing) since every crystal coat thread I have seen, you have had good things to say about it Blackfire Crystal Coat again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great job!

Gotta love the black when it's clean .......... especially when it's only 10 minutes before it's dirty again!
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g35_coupe View Post
    Thank you for the kind words, sir! You have some great work posted on your pages BTW!
    Your welcome and Thank you.. ditto dude you are a headlight guru!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TFTADetail View Post
    Great job!

Gotta love the black when it's clean .......... especially when it's only 10 minutes before it's dirty again!
    Thank you and i agree black is the best when its done right. Hopefully the coating will give him a little more than 10 mins :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackfire Crystal Coat again-chargerscratchbefore-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat again-chargerafternoscratches-jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast