autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheel and/or Tire Cleaner

I am in the market for a good wheel and/or tire cleaner. Typically I use APC at 4:1 but I am looking for something more dedicated. I came across Brown Royal for wheel cleaning, looks like a solid product for the price. I also came across Dub. I am also needing something to clean tires, I have yet to find a good product. Even some of the dedicated tire cleaners I have tried are not working out well.

For those of you that have used Brown Royal, does it work as well on tires as it does on wheels? Same question for Meguiar's Dub. If not, can anyone recommend a good tire-only cleaning product if I did have to make it a 2-step process?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel and/or Tire Cleaner

I would recommend the following for a dedicated tire cleaner:

1) DP Tire Cleaner & Restorer - DP Tire Cleaner & Restorer

2) Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner - TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner

Both work very well at cleaning tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    I would recommend the following for a dedicated tire cleaner:

1) DP Tire Cleaner & Restorer - DP Tire Cleaner & Restorer

2) Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner - TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner

Both work very well at cleaning tires.
    I had also looked at the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner. A while back when I was looking for a tire sealant, I had to choose between the TW product and the Tuf Shine product. I went with TW but looking back, I wish I would have gone the Tuf Shine route. The TW has performed very poorly in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOak82 View Post
    I had also looked at the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner. A while back when I was looking for a tire sealant, I had to choose between the TW product and the Tuf Shine product. I went with TW but looking back, I wish I would have gone the Tuf Shine route. The TW has performed very poorly in my opinion.

I'm really surprised you don't like TW. With their fine reputation in the detailing world and their large following on this forum, anytime someone has less than a stellar result with a TW product - it just leaves me scratching my head.

I'm sure if you contacted one of their detailing experts, they may be able to help you with their product and rectify the situation.

That being said, nothing is like TS Tire Cleaner. APCs will not remove old dressings from porous tires. I haven't tried the DP stuff, but I believe TS is cheaper - so I stick with that. My guess is they may be similar.

For TS TC, get the RTU version and dilute it 1:1 with water. Add a foaming sprayer & use their brush and you will get max performance with least effort.

Post Thanks / Like

For the price, I find Meguiar's DUB Wheel Cleaner to work extremely well. I'd highly recommend it and it's widely available.

Even though it's not a dedicated tire cleaner, so far I've found that nothing cleans tires as fast as Zep 505.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I'm really surprised you don't like TW. With their fine reputation in the detailing world and their large following on this forum, anytime someone has less than a stellar result with a TW product - it just leaves me scratching my head.

I'm sure if you contacted one of their detailing experts, they may be able to help you with their product and rectify the situation.

That being said, nothing is like TS Tire Cleaner. APCs will not remove old dressings from porous tires. I haven't tried the DP stuff, but I believe TS is cheaper - so I stick with that. My guess is they may be similar.

For TS TC, get the RTU version and dilute it 1:1 with water. Add a foaming sprayer & use their brush and you will get max performance with least effort.
    I got it due to the reviews. I cleaned my tires with the cleaner that came with the kit and scrubbed with a brush. I then cleaned them with Bleche Black and scrubbed again. I applied 4 coats with about 10 minutes in between. It was gone after the 1st rainstorm. I was baffled.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use wheel cleaners very often, but I enjoy using the Mothers Foaming Tire and Wheel Cleaner. Mothers Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner It seems to work really well on both tires and wheels.

I've also used a sample of the Blackfire wheel cleaner and liked it, but I never tried it on the tires. It did a great job on the break dust that builds up on my red brake calipers. BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, factory wheel cleaner
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Surprisingly I have good success with Meguiars Hot wheels/tire cleaner.

It foams, and keeps tires VERY clean without much scrubbing. Foam turns brown as it dwells from all the oils/dirt
    Charleston, SC

FLEX 3401, PC 7424xp, HF DA I Opticoated my shower......

Post Thanks / Like

LATA is my go to tire cleaner now. I still liked Tuff Shine tire cleaner better, but I use Turtle Wax's coating and don't see the need to buy it. TW tire coating was pretty simple to do. My girlfriend even did it without any of my help. I'd say you should've used the Bleche-White first and then the Turtle Wax cleaner second. But even these days I use LATA instead.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I still prefer Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew for maintenance (when not doing much wheel cleaning). If I really had to clean the wheels too I would consider other options since I would other products - usually an APC like Optimum.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast