autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DA Pad choice

Post Thanks / Like

DA Pad choice

While I wait out the winter I'm planning out my process for the next chance I get. I'm placing a large order on Amazon soon and have picked out Meguiars M20 Sealant and Chemical Guys Extreme Shine EZ Creme Glaze. I have never worked with any type of sealant or glaze before so I just need advice on which DA pad to use with each and how many of each pad I will need because I assumed it would be similar to wax. FYI: I will be using P1 polish beforehand to remove swirls.
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA Pad choice

Just out of curiosity, why are you buying EZ-Creme? I ask because I was digging through my supplies last week and discovered I have most of a bottle of it from when I bought it about 6 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you buying EZ-Creme? I ask because I was digging through my supplies last week and discovered I have most of a bottle of it from when I bought it about 6 years ago.
    It seemed like the best glaze I could get on amazon for a decent price. I'm open to suggestions I just need it to be reasonably priced and on Amazon or OTC.

Post Thanks / Like

For those products, most soft pads will do well. Last fall, I use M20 with a grey 3M convoluted 5" d/a pad. Grey Lake Country flat, or ccs would be fine. Not sure about the easy creame, but I'd imagine the blue or grey, flat or ccs would be fine for that.

Post Thanks / Like

If the ez creame is to be used before the m20, it will probably be removed by m20, as it has cleaners built in to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    If the ez creame is to be used before the m20, it will probably be removed by m20, as it has cleaners built in to it.
    I was just following the flow chart Glaze(ez creame), sealant (m20) then wax

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding was that EZ-Creme is more like a sealant with fillers. But if you properly polish with a final polish like Menz SF4000 or WG Finishing Glaze (which is essentially the same thing) your paint should be clear of imperfections and you don't need (or want) fillers. That's why I stopped using my EZ-Creme. WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant does a much better job than the combination of EZ-Creme and M20, IMO.

You do know you can order from here, right? But if it must be from Amazon, I believe WGDGPS is available there, too.

I always apply sealant and wax by hand. You just need to have foam or MF applicators. And don't forget you'll want several MF towels for removing products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey John View Post
    I was just following the flow chart Glaze(ez creame), sealant (m20) then wax
    For sure. I just did some searching, and discovered that the ez cream is actually a sealant as well.

That being the case, you probably don't need both.

I do know that Meguiar's qualifies M20 Polymer Sealant as a "cleaner/wax" type product. While it may not remove all of the ez creame, it may remove some of it.

For what it's worth, M20 is a long time favorite of mine. I have no experience with the ez creame, so take that with a grain of salt.

Knowing what I know now, I'd ez cream with a red ccs, and M20 with the grey ccs.

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience, a EZ-Creme doesn't have significant sealant properties and needs a topper.