autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Who has fleet vehicle services?

I got a call from a company wondering if I would be able to clean their fleet of trucks 2 times a month (wash and vac). He also wanted to see if they could be detailed once a year. According to the owner that I spoke to he wanted to see if I could do it on weekends (because they would not be working) and there would be 33 trucks. They are all f150s and 3 vans.
    Right now I am a solo operation so I'm thinking I need to hire one or two people to help me out.
    My question is how much should I charge per truck and what products I could get in bulk that would be cost effective. I'm thinking I spend Saturdays and do half the fleet every week. Then once a month hit it with a spray wax.
    I was think 40 a truck then 90 per truck for a nanoskin iron x decon, single stage polish and seal for the yearly detail. The trucks are 50 percent covered in stickers so that would minimize the amount of paint to polish. Mainly the hood and the top of the cab.
    I'm looking at upgrading my pressure washer, buying about 30 drying MF towels, 2 or 3 boar hair brushes, a good wheel and tire cleaner(maybe somethjng like megs all wheel cleaner), soap, spray wax, maybe using the megs MF pads with a AIO polish (possibly the finishing wax), and finishing with klasse SG.
    What do you guys think I should do? I got s meeting with him on Monday to see what exactly he wants done. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who has fleet vehicle services?

Joe, Superior Shine had a great post a couple weeks ago about the "bread and butter" nature of fleet work. Lemme see if i can find it...

Post Thanks / Like

As a fellow solo operation, I would say its quite a job. 15+ trucks every satuday (if I interpreted how you were going to them, would be more than I would want to deal with very weekend, even if I had a couple guys working with me. That kind of work can get very monotonous very quickly and might quickly make you not look forward to weekends. Just my personal opinion, but I really enjoy the variety of this profession.

If you do decide to take it, having a good quality pressure washer along with bulk stuff you can get from a place like meguiars would be critical. The detailer line spray wax, APC, all wheel tire cleaner, window cleaner, and hyper dressing would probably go a long way in helping you out with it.

Just make sure you do a lot of research to make sure your charging enough, or else it will get old even faster if you're not making any money doing it. Good luck man!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in knowing what happened to the last detailer? Sounds like a lot of work.....

Post Thanks / Like

Yea it is a lot of work. I need to talk with the company owner on what exactly he wants. I think it may be too much for me right now but I wouldn't know until I meet with him. Just wondering how some of you handle situations like this. I might have the ability to do the detail and not be able to do the weekly washes. I work as a fireman also so it would be tough for me to commit to something that large in scale. I also work weekends sometimes so that would be an issue as well. I'll keep you guys posted after my meeting.