autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So you want to Opti-Coat do yah?

The steps and work required are identical. 2.0, PRO, and Gloss coat require same amount of work to have the same exact end result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I'm not sure what NanoSkin has to do with this.
    Nano skin being competition, but I didn't read your post correctly sir. Being that 2.0 is discontinued, and no longer over the counter, opti Gloss is the only product they offer to consumers for paint care. The process is the same, curing time is the same.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FTD View Post
    Every forum has to have theirs, and you fill it quite well my friend. Thanks for the welcoming.
    Would you care to address the factual concerns I addressed in my reply?

If you say you spoke directly to OPT...why are you quoting BimmerForums? It seems quoting the manufacturer would be more likely to bolster your statements

Your aim will improve if you stop shooting from the hip

Not your Friend,

Kyle

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The steps and work required are identical. 2.0, PRO, and Gloss coat require same amount of work to have the same exact end result.
    This makes little sense to me

Are you saying the products produce the same end result?

By which objective evaluations?:

-Longevity

-Gloss

-Scratch Resistance

-Thickness

Post Thanks / Like

Err, I am aware of the name change...

Where did you get into the conclusion OC Pro only lasts 2-5 years?
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong.

The steps may be the same but not the exact same end result.

Gloss is different

One is semi permanent and others permanent

Post Thanks / Like

Being that 2.0 is discontinued, and no longer over the counter, opti Gloss is the only product they offer to consumers for paint care.
    The process is the same, curing time is the same.
    The total cure time for Opti-Coat 2.0 was stated by Optimum and their spokesperson to vary between 30-90 days. So: Are you absolutely sure that Gloss-Coat's total cure time is within the same time period?

Reason I ask is:
    I have yet to find what Gloss-Coat's total cure time is officially stated to be...beyond the following information from Optimum's web sites listed below.

Would you be so kind to post any information that you may have, from Optimum, that's to the contrary? TIA.

"Once application has been completed, the paint surface is touch dry within the hour. Thereafter Gloss-Coat continues to cross-link and harden.

Within hours it is resistant to liquids such as water and the vehicle can be driven as normal by its owner.

The Optimum Gloss-Coat coating continues to harden over time as it is exposed to heat".

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Err, I am aware of the name change...

Where did you get into the conclusion OC Pro only lasts 2-5 years?
    I spoke with the company a few weeks ago about getting PRO for the future. They explained it was a 5 year warranty instead of a lifetime like they used to offer. I asked why, and they said that the product was not a durable as once believed to be. The Pro lasts a maximum of 5 years but was explained to me that the more sever weather we experience in NE may result in OPT failure in less time. HE recommended using the new Gloss coat system, which replaced the 2.0. It is the same ceramic coating, and yes it is not as durable as the PRO version. But...they are the same chemical compound, but the PRO is thicker and has a faster flash time. HE recommended re-applying gloss coat every 1-2 years.

There is no official report of gloss coats curing time, but the assumption is that Gloss coat and 2.0 are similar in some manner. The reason for this thread was to give an idea of the steps and prep work needed for people curious about the opti coat products. Whether it be 2.0, gloss coat, or PRO, the work required is exactly the same...thanks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can this be used on yachts?

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with the company a few weeks ago about getting PRO for the future. They explained it was a 5 year warranty instead of a lifetime like they used to offer. I asked why, and they said that the product was not a durable as once believed to be. The Pro lasts a maximum of 5 years but was explained to me that the more sever weather we experience in NE may result in OPT failure in less time. HE recommended using the new Gloss coat system, which replaced the 2.0. It is the same ceramic coating, and yes it is not as durable as the PRO version. But...they are the same chemical compound, but the PRO is thicker and has a faster flash time. HE recommended re-applying gloss coat every 1-2 years.

There is no official report of gloss coats curing time, but the assumption is that Gloss coat and 2.0 are similar in some manner. The reason for this thread was to give an idea of the steps and prep work needed for people curious about the opti coat products. Whether it be 2.0, gloss coat, or PRO, the work required is exactly the same...thanks.
    Seems like these two comments are very contradictory, especially considering that they are both coming from the same person. I think I'm gonna take info in this thread with a grain of salt...
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast