autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My DISO story

Post Thanks / Like

My DISO story

So a few weeks ago I had the interior of my 1 year old Ford Focus ST detailed by a 'professional' company because I do not own any equipment that can clean carpets, they ended up scratching my door. They paid to have it repainted, no problem, I appreciated their honesty and for not giving me the run-around.

Two days after the door is painting I leave the car at the dealership to have some recall notices taken care of. The day after I picked it up from them I jumped out of the car when it was nice and sunny and was greeted to a nice display of swirls on my hood. The lines go from one end to the other like a lovely rainbow of tears.

I realized they had washed it and done the dreaded DISO. Honestly, I feel partially at fault. I should have known better to let them wash it. So back to the dealer. They took it back in, thinking they were going to polish out the marks. I picked it up today, all they did was re-wash it and put some paint sealant on it to try to mask the marks. Basically fill the marks in, try to mask the issue so I go away.

The service manager said he took it to the body shop guys, they said those marks were a result of improper washing over a period of time, not just them. I'd love to know how they can actually determine that. I can admit I've left a couple love marks on it, but theres no way in hell I did all the damage to the car. I brought up that the freshly painted door had marks on it, and that I had not touched the door since it was painted.

He said to call him back if I'm not happy. I intend too. Can anybody help supply me with some ammo for my situation? I feel it needs to be polished, and the clear bra polished or replaced. Im actually impressed at the damage to the clearbra. They did some work on it to mess that up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My DISO story

I don't have much advice to give you, but next time use something like this :

Post Thanks / Like

And in multiple languages

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    And in multiple languages
    I see that all the time but I work at 2 dealers and the service advisors, receptionists, and technicians all ensure the key does get put on to the wash list. The car wash guys just don't go and randomly take keys.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow ST owner! Sorry to read about the dealer issues. Have you had a lot of work done at that dealer?

Post Thanks / Like

Even if they do "fix the problem" I doubt you will be satisfied with the result. If they didn't do it right the first time you brought it in, what makes you think they will do it right the next time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    Even if they do "fix the problem" I doubt you will be satisfied with the result. If they didn't do it right the first time you brought it in, what makes you think they will do it right the next time?
    This.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming it's regular swirls I'd just fix it myself and move on. I'd never go back to the place as well. They messed up your car - how can you ever trust them? They don't understand marring/detailing - and its a waste of time to try to teach them. If it's actual "damage" - then make them pay. But, good luck there.

Don't ever go back to that dealership. People say all dealers suck - but the 2 dealers I deal with always treat me right, listen to me, and I never have any issue. Of course, I make it clear "Do Not Wash" and am only there once a year for inspection/alignment - but I never have nothing but a great experience.

To give credit where credit is due:

Fred Bean's Nissan Limerick PA

Otto's BMW West Chester PA.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is I don't own polishing equipment so I can't do it myself.
    I've also got a clear bra they've marked up. Are those able to be polished?

Post Thanks / Like

you need proof of what the car looked like prior to you taking it to them. if you dont have that, you dont have much of a fight with them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast