autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tuxedo Black Paint maintenance seal/wax/wash

I've always had white or light colored cars, but just bought a new 2015 Fiesta in Tuxedo Black.

What are some good products for dark or black colored cars? What is the best way to avoid swirl marks (2 bucket method) and what else, in the even the car is swirl free/freshly detailed/polished?

I already have the following; Collonite 845 - Wax and I also have the Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0, however, are there other products that could/can acheive a rich deep gloss on a black car? I've heard about Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, is this product similar to the Wolfgang that I already have?

I also have most pads, with the Porter Cable DA, I also have Meguiar's #105 & #205.

Any inputs/suggestions would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuxedo Black Paint maintenance seal/wax/wash

Quote Originally Posted by jproy12 View Post
    I've always had white or light colored cars, but just bought a new 2015 Fiesta in Tuxedo Black.

What are some good products for dark or black colored cars? What is the best way to avoid swirl marks (2 bucket method) and what else, in the even the car is swirl free/freshly detailed/polished?

!
    Best way to avoid swirl marks is to just be careful with what touches the car. The two bucket method, use a good soft washing mitt or microfiber covered sponge,what you dry the car with, apply products to the car etc. And of course do not let anyone else touch the car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Best way to avoid swirl marks is to just be careful with what touches the car. The two bucket method, use a good soft washing mitt or microfiber covered sponge,what you dry the car with, apply products to the car etc. And of course do not let anyone else touch the car!
    So very true!

As the owner of a black car I'd also add that a great deal of keeping your car looking great comes down to what's below the LSP. If the car is swirled out or has a great deal of micro-marring, you won't achieve the look you want.

The LSP's are great and you can customize the look with them, but don't overlook the importance of ensuring the surface is perfect as you feel capable and willing to correct.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    So very true!

As the owner of a black car I'd also add that a great deal of keeping your car looking great comes down to what's below the LSP. If the car is swirled out or has a great deal of micro-marring, you won't achieve the look you want.

The LSP's are great and you can customize the look with them, but don't overlook the importance of ensuring the surface is perfect as you feel capable and willing to correct.
    Thanks! I'm getting the paint corrected by a proffesional, one that detailed a couple Bugatti Veyron and high-end cars, I'm pretty sure if someone can do it, it should be him.

Once the paint will be 100% corrected, I'll just need to stay on top of the maintenance, the reason I was asking about which products!

Anymore input would be appreciated as well,
    JP

Post Thanks / Like

What would be a good wash mitt as well? I've seen the Meguiar's Microfiber wash mitt. I have the Griot's Garage Micro Fiber Wash Mitts as well, but they have lots of washes, so may need new wash mitts...

Post Thanks / Like

I already have the following; Collonite 845 - Wax and I also have the Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0, however, are there other products that could/can acheive a rich deep gloss on a black car? I've heard about Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, is this product similar to the Wolfgang that I already have?

I also have most pads, with the Porter Cable DA, I also have Meguiar's #105 & #205.

Any inputs/suggestions would be appreciated!
    Is it an ST?

My car is also Tuxedo Black. I was on a CG kick and after polishing used Blacklight then Jetseal topped with Black Wax. The car turned out great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FocusSTguy View Post
    Is it an ST?

My car is also Tuxedo Black. I was on a CG kick and after polishing used Blacklight then Jetseal topped with Black Wax. The car turned out great.
    Unfortunately it's not an ST... Thanks for the info, so all Chemical Guys products I assume?

Post Thanks / Like

Tuxedo Black Metallic does not always look very black. The paint is loaded with flake that show a rainbow of colors. The flake can vary depending on what you top it with.

If you want maximum bling, you can try Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant if your paint is near perfect.

Every has their favorite mitts but I think the dreadlock style off the best combination of cost. cleaning. and safety. The ones sold by AG are not dense as some sold elsewhere but they are not as heavy then when wet either. For soaps, you have some many choices. You can start with Duragloss 901. The key to keeping it in great shape is to use good washing and drying techniques. There are a lot of videos and most convey the key points.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately it's not an ST... Thanks for the info, so all Chemical Guys products I assume?
    I went on a cruise earlier this month with 8 other guys with Focus STs and we had a Fiesta ST leading the pack. He had no problem setting a good pace .

They had a good sale going and since I was planning on trying the V series polishes I figured I'll make it an all CG detail. I'm planning on polishing the car again in the spring and plan on trying something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Tuxedo Black Metallic does not always look very black. The paint is loaded with flake that show a rainbow of colors. The flake can vary depending on what you top it with.

If you want maximum bling, you can try Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant if your paint is near perfect.

Every has their favorite mitts but I think the dreadlock style off the best combination of cost. cleaning. and safety. The ones sold by AG are not dense as some sold elsewhere but they are not as heavy then when wet either. For soaps, you have some many choices. You can start with Duragloss 901. The key to keeping it in great shape is to use good washing and drying techniques. There are a lot of videos and most convey the key points.
    Yeah, there is a ton of metal flake, in the paint. When I was polishing my car I was having trouble finding the swirls in the paint. Had to have the light pointed just right.

Heard lot's of good things about the Wolfgang sealant, that may the next thing I try after I use up the Jetseal.

I agree with Bunky on the mitts. I have a couple of mitts from AG and a couple from The Rag Co. The AG ones have slightly bigger dreads which I like better. A lot of guys here like the Meguires wash mitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I already have the Wolfgang sealant, and my paint will be perfect after this Monday as I'm getting it completely detailed and all swirls removed!

I'll stick to my Griots wash mitts, which seems to be very similar to the AG wash mitts. I may end up getting the Meguiar's microfiber wash mitt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast