autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for more "pop"

I know this has likely been discussed to death, and replies will be subjective but here's my issue; I've taken care of my car. I've kept the paint work clean and in the best shape I possibly could. Recently I decided to invest into some higher end products to give them a try and see what I could achieve. After claying I used EZ-Creme glaze topped with JetSeal109 and NXT 2.0. Now, it looks good. But I was really hoping for a little more depth or pop glaring back after the investment. The color is a pale, metallic blue with some pearl. I've been reading true carnuba's maybe the way to go from here. But there are certainly no shortage of options. And there in-lies the issue for me; overwhelming choice. If I had the coin to drop on a $200 wax I would. No questions. But I think I'll try something under $80 for now.

Here's the car and the color... it's called Cosmic Blue

Car was kinda dirty in that photo.
    Anthony Christiano
    2008 CosmicBlue MazdaSpeed3 - 370whp, 370wtq Melted Cyl #3 😔
    2017 World Rally Blue WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for more "pop"

Are you a wax/sealant guy?

Have you thought about coating the car?
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

An excellent wax for "Pop" in Pinnacle Souveran. Usually, a wax will reduce the "pop" of a sealant's look. Souveran won't distract from the look of a sealant. It will give you that pop. The look of a sealant is going to stop popping after a short amount of time, therefore, a good remedy is a wax that pops. Souveran definately pops, is extremely easy to apply and remove, and is not expensive. You could almost buy three bottles of liquid Souveran for $80.
    Many will weigh-in on your issue. But Soveran is a legend here, and it is an absolute pleasure to use. Some waxes are a chore; Soveran is actually fun to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Coating it in what exactly? It's already been sealed use Chemical Guys JetSeal. And from what I understand NXT is more of a sealant than a true wax.
    Anthony Christiano

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Domino81 View Post
    I know this has likely been discussed to death, and replies will be subjective but here's my issue; I've taken care of my car. I've kept the paint work clean and in the best shape I possibly could. Recently I decided to invest into some higher end products to give them a try and see what I could achieve. After claying I used EZ-Creme glaze topped with JetSeal109 and NXT 2.0. Now, it looks good. But I was really hoping for a little more depth or pop glaring back after the investment. The color is a pale, metallic blue with some pearl. I've been reading true carnuba's maybe the way to go from here. But there are certainly no shortage of options. And there in-lies the issue for me; overwhelming choice. If I had the coin to drop on a $200 wax I would. No questions. But I think I'll try something under $80 for now.

Here's the car and the color... it's called Cosmic Blue

Car was kinda dirty in that photo.
    Take that $200 and drop it on a polisher. Polishing accounts for 90% of the shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Looking for more "pop"

Love Cosmic Blue on the MS3 but first thing is to get away from the glaze phase, especially since you said you take good care of the car. I would clay, polish it out with some M101 at a lower speed and orange pad, then re-wash the car. Then apply some Duragloss #501/601 and then finish with some DG #111/601. BTW DG #111 is BOGO right now, just sayin'.

BTW love the FMIC and wheels, they look like 19's in the pic, what are they, more/better pics?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

You need to properly polish it first.... That'll make it "pop".
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I has a polisher. I should have included that in the description, I'm sorry. I used Norton's and later Meguiars "high gloss" polish. Followed by 3M swirl mark remover/glaze.

The wheels are technically Sonic Tuning ST100's. They're BBS CH knock offs. I know someone that has CH's, they're identical. When the finish started faded down to the base coat I took them off, blasted them and re-powder coated them (a bit darker). Just bought 4 BBS center caps instead.

Photos I have in abundance... lol

They're 18x8.5 ET48, 8mm spacers up front, 5mm spacers in the rear.
    Anthony Christiano

Post Thanks / Like

Domino81, they are right in theory, but winter is almost here. Study how to polish over the wintertime maybe.
    Moreover, your newer clear coat, from the photo, seems to be in the category of "diminishing returns" as far as polishing goes. What I mean is, the more messed-up a car's clear is, the more of a return you'll see after polishing. I don't believe yours is that messed-up. Not saying it couldn't use a polishing session. I'm saying, I think you'll have better bang-for-the-buck returns with an exceptional wax like Souveran. It's $30 or so for a bottle. Try that first, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have topped the Jet Seal with NXT.

For the money this is a great combo and it's on sale right now + the additional 15% off too! BFWD is a great sealant and Midnight Sun is an incredible wax, especially at this price. Both are super easy to use and the results are excellent.

BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo

This is Wolfgang 3.0 / Blackfire Black Ice topped off with BF Midnight Sun

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast