autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for more "pop"

That makes a lot of sense, Bob. Thanks for digging that up.
    I've wondered why some waxes seem to reduce the gloss, while other waxes increased gloss. Souveran, from my experience, provides the highest gloss. If anyone knows of a wax that is glossier, without breaking the bank, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, Bob. Thanks for digging that up.
    I've wondered why some waxes seem to reduce the gloss, while other waxes increased gloss. Souveran, from my experience, provides the highest gloss.

If anyone knows of a wax that is glossier, without breaking the bank, please let me know.
    As far as I'm concerned that Wax is:
    Meguiar's M26...DOI incarnate!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

An excellent wax for "Pop" in Pinnacle Souveran. Usually, a wax will reduce the "pop" of a sealant's look. Souveran won't distract from the look of a sealant. It will give you that pop. The look of a sealant is going to stop popping after a short amount of time, therefore, a good remedy is a wax that pops. Souveran definately pops, is extremely easy to apply and remove, and is not expensive. You could almost buy three bottles of liquid Souveran for $80.
    Many will weigh-in on your issue. But Soveran is a legend here, and it is an absolute pleasure to use. Some waxes are a chore; Soveran is actually fun to use.

Post Thanks / Like

To say "the wax you use will be irrelevant if the car has not been polished..." could be very misleading. A rep from Swissvax explained that waxes smooth-out the surface, thus reflecting light better. He also went on to say that when you remove the wax after it has dried, do not scrub it in a heavy manner, rather gently buff it off to help keep it smooth.
    I'm gonna have to go with the other guy, this was my GC in 4/12 when I took delivery of it, polished with Menz 2500/4500 and this has ZERO, none no wax lsp sealant etc. Just beautifully polished clear coat. Proper preparation as many have said on here over the years is key. Did this with a PC DA with LC flat pads.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

He already polished the car. It's in one of his prior posts.

Post Thanks / Like

He already polished the car. It's in one of his prior posts.
    Yeah, I read that and their were posts by others after that regarding that subject that I read too. I'll defer to those and stand by what I learned from this forum about preparation. Decon, Clay and Polish.

Here's another example of how important "proper" polishing is.

One step polish with Menz FG400 on 9 year old heavily oxidized Chevy pick up no LSP applied.

Not too mention the bird poop. (I know it was on the hood for 3 weeks cuz I work with this guy)

Swirl Free One Step with FG400 ready for an LSP

Coated with Autofinesse Power Seal

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Pop? I would reach M26!
    Auto Shine
    The Art Of Detailing
    http://theartofdetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Every single post regarding the suggestion of polishing was written before the OP mentioned he already polished it. His very first post mentioned claying then sealing/waxing. So he has: clayed, polished, sealed and waxed. Are you suggesting doing it alll over again?
    That picture of the truck you provided does not reflect, properly, what kind of returns the OP will see if he polishes his car, again. That trucks paint was dying for a polishing; the OP's, not so much. The OP's expectations are very high, consequently, he's been disappointed so far.
    I think it's fairer to suggest to the OP that his choice of wax was a less than stellar pick, and to choose another topper like Liquid Souveran, and keeping it up with souveran liquid wax spray. If he does pick another topper and is disappointed, then I'm all for stripping the whole car naked all over again. I'll even send him the proper polishes if he wants to go that route.

Post Thanks / Like

Every single post regarding the suggestion of polishing was written before the OP mentioned he already polished it. His very first post mentioned claying then sealing/waxing. So he has: clayed, polished, sealed and waxed. Are you suggesting doing it alll over again?
    That picture of the truck you provided does not reflect, properly, what kind of returns the OP will see if he polishes his car, again. That trucks paint was dying for a polishing; the OP's, not so much. The OP's expectations are very high, consequently, he's been disappointed so far.
    I think it's fairer to suggest to the OP that his choice of wax was a less than stellar pick, and to choose another topper like Liquid Souveran, and keeping it up with souveran liquid wax spray. If he does pick another topper and is disappointed, then I'm all for stripping the whole car naked all over again. I'll even send him the proper polishes if he wants to go that route.
    Taken today. Nxt is just what I had. I'm not afraid to try out a product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for more "pop"-image-jpg  
    Anthony Christiano
    2008 CosmicBlue MazdaSpeed3 - 370whp, 370wtq Melted Cyl #3 😔
    2017 World Rally Blue WRX

Post Thanks / Like

What are your feeling here Domino81; what's your gut telling you to do?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast