autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Two bucket vs Garry Dean wash

I'm now totally committed to the 1 bucket multi-towel wash method promoted by Garry Dean. Saves me the better part of an hour for washing.
    Just wondering if anyone has tried it but didnt like it. Or simply "wont" even give it a try and your reasons why. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two bucket vs Garry Dean wash

When using a traditional soap, I use the 2BM and separate for wheels unless do them last and multiple wash mitt before there was something call the Gary Dean Method when doing rinseless.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Garry Deam method of rinseless washing is well known. I myself use it often. However; I still use the 2 bucket method especially for really nasty cars and when doing a strip wash. During the winter months, I pressure wash my car off and clean the wheels, then use Garry Dean method for the paint & windows.

Post Thanks / Like

I got sick of all the extra laundry. What time multi towels saved me doing a traditional wash was quickly evaporated in the laundry washing and folding them.

While I still see it's merits for a rinseless wash, I believe it really isn't necessary for a traditional wash. I do however use different wash media for my lower body and door jambs. I also do the same when drying but add a waffle for the windows.

Anyone using the Garry Dean method should still consider an extra bucket for their wheels. No way would I want my wheel microfibre in with my good towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadsto View Post
    I'm now totally committed to the 1 bucket multi-towel wash method promoted by Garry Dean. Saves me the better part of an hour for washing.
    Just wondering if anyone has tried it but didnt like it. Or simply "wont" even give it a try and your reasons why. Thanks
    Are you talkng about the Garry Dean Wash or the Garry Dean Rinseless Wash method? He does both with one bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faulksy View Post
    I got sick of all the extra laundry. What time multi towels saved me doing a traditional wash was quickly evaporated in the laundry washing and folding them.

While I still see it's merits for a rinseless wash, I believe it really isn't necessary for a traditional wash. I do however use different wash media for my lower body and door jambs. I also do the same when drying but add a waffle for the windows.

Anyone using the Garry Dean method should still consider an extra bucket for their wheels. No way would I want my wheel microfibre in with my good towels.
    At the end of the day it really comes down to personal preference. As an analogy, there are dozens of ways to clean a window, remove gum from a seat, vacuum a room, etc....

Post Thanks / Like

A 2 bucket traditional wash is much safer than any rinseless wash, period!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure what the benefits of a waterless wash is, except perhaps in the winter. I find I use a lot of the water I saved in the car wash for doing extra laundry. I have used waterless for a quick cleaning when the car wasn't to dirty. Might be a bit faster but not sure how much water I am actually saving. I prefer water too flush away the dirt and grime on the tires and wheels and in the wheel wells too. I feel it does a better job .With the waterless and the rinse less you just transfer the dirt that was on the car to a bunch of microfiber towels, you still have to wash it away with water in the end...
    Just saying.....

Post Thanks / Like

Like faulsky said the extra laundry is a big turn off for me too. 10-15 mf to wash. I recently bought a new $1200 front loader. No way will I wash dirty mf in it. I now do rinseless during the 3 winter months only, preceded by a power wash. 2BM sometimes becomes 3BM for me. The drive to the car wash (they use warm water in winter), a pw, dry the windows and maybe the roof/hood/trunk, drive home, do the rw, cleanup. 1.5-2 hours. And if the roads are crappy all week long then its just a pw for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    A 2 bucket traditional wash is much safer than any rinseless wash, period!
    AGREED! If my ride is real dirty I use a foam gun too! But most of the time the 2 bucket 2 grit guard method is my way too. I will not use the Gary Dean 1-bucket method as I feel it is not as good as the 2-bm

But to everyone that might disagree, it is all a matter of preference.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast