autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic eraser

Post Thanks / Like

Magic eraser

I was just at shoprite with my wife and I ran across turtle wax magic eraser for rims and tires. I know that I have a few spots on my wheels that I cant get off. I think its because I use a soft brush made by zymol for the wheels with p21s gel. Any way I broght it and was wondering before I try it has anyone here had any experiances with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used it on leather, plastic and even paint. It is great for gettting out spots. built up dirt, scuff marks, etc

Just keep in mind that you should clean/wipe/wash the area down after using it to prevent any damage from any chemical used in the product.I think its a great addition to your detailing supplies.

You from Jersey? I'm from Jersey! What exit?
    WWZS - What Would Zinn Say

Teacher by Day: Speed Dreamer at Night

Post Thanks / Like
    144 off of the parkway. West Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't do it. It says right on the package not to use the Magic Eraser on painted surfaces. If your wheels are OEM then there's a 99% chance they're clear coated (i.e. painted).
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Mr Clean eraser and it works WONDERS on the steering wheel. It made the old shiny leather matte again, just like new!

This was something that NO other leather conditioner/cleaner could do. NOT CG, NOT Pinnacle....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    its ok for leather and light coloured trim dont use it on paint work as it works like fine wet sandpaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have P21S Gel? It's supposed to clean off everything just let it dwell on ur wheels for a long long time. The longer u leave it, the more dirt it takes off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    I used the Mr Clean eraser and it works WONDERS on the steering wheel. It made the old shiny leather matte again, just like new!

This was something that NO other leather conditioner/cleaner could do. NOT CG, NOT Pinnacle....
    I used to use my Magic Eraser on the steering wheel too. However, it eventually starting pulling color from the leather. I had clearly rubbed right through the "top coat" and was now pulling the color coat off. Every time I used it my leather would go back to being matte, but once I started pulling color my leather steering wheel would get even more shiny quickly after detailing it.

The Magic Eraser is an abrasive foam and leather is essentially a painted surface with a top coat and a color coat. I no longer use the Eraser on my leather.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC
    I used to use my Magic Eraser on the steering wheel too. However, it eventually starting pulling color from the leather. I had clearly rubbed right through the "top coat" and was now pulling the color coat off. Every time I used it my leather would go back to being matte, but once I started pulling color my leather steering wheel would get even more shiny quickly after detailing it.

The Magic Eraser is an abrasive foam and leather is essentially a painted surface with a top coat and a color coat. I no longer use the Eraser on my leather.
    Thanks for the info! Sorry to hear about the color being pulled off

Post Thanks / Like
    The Magic Eraser is Abrasive...so would not use on paint....it can even take color off of painted trim and interior panels..so be careful....

AL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast