autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How do I fix this?

Ok so car was in an accident 1.5yr ago. Repaired. Looked fine. Now I see this on my A pillar. It's like overspray or clearcoat mess. Can I maybe use some sort if compound and make it a little less obvious? I don't want to pay for a repaint etc. if it's too big if a mess I guess ill I've with it. I don't have a DA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I fix this?

I'd try clay first. Next, maybe some M105 by hand on a MF hand applicator. You'll probably need to follow with a polish like M205. This is what I would try and if it didn't work, I'd probably just live with it or replace the pillar garnish. Others might have more suggestions for next steps if this doesn't work.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a DA, I wouldn't bother. You can try by hand but if it were me, I'd clay, probably fine grit sand, then cut and polish if it was bad.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, appreciate the advice

Post Thanks / Like

How do I fix this?

Going to try to find 105 and 205. I have Meg's ultimate and doesn't seem to help. All advice welcome. Thanks

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Polishing by hand difficult.

I suggest reading Mike Phillips Forum threads on polishing by hand.

Make sure you tape the trim and that body line if you are going to used heavy cut compound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
    Ok so car was in an accident 1.5yr ago. Repaired. Looked fine. Now I see this on my A pillar. It's like overspray or clearcoat mess. Can I maybe use some sort if compound and make it a little less obvious? I don't want to pay for a repaint etc. if it's too big if a mess I guess ill I've with it. I don't have a DA

So you tried Ultimate Compound and it didn't do anything? If it was over spray, UC would have taken that out if it was over spray. (for the most part)

I am starting to think that it was maybe a bad paint job, where the painter didn't lay down the clear coat right. and the body shop detailer didn't wet sand that area right or at all. It's starting to look more like orange peel to me. Especially since you say you tried UC and nothing happened.

Can you take it back to the shop where you got it repaired? That shouldn't be there, and the shop has to return your car back to the original finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    It won't let me edit. Sorry for the multi Oh and here's the other side. Meg's ultimate also no affect

Post Thanks / Like

^That

That looks completely different than the first picture. The first picture looked like it was orange peal. This one looks more like stain.

Is it above the clear coat or under the clear coat?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I fix this?

The shadowy area is where the pillar almost changes color. Top is factory. Bottom half is cloudy in the right light. I can't really tell if it's above or below the clear. It's extremely hard to photograph. Best I can describe it is it looks cloudy and lighter from those marks on down. Almost a faded look. The strangest thing is when I got it back over a year ago I would have noticed this. It's almost like it just decided to appear. I know my options might be zero but I'll try anything that May at least reduce it. I can have the shop that did it look but it was over a year ago so I may be out of luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.