autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obsessive???

Post Thanks / Like

Obsessive???

Its been raining for the entire month of June in Dallas. A nice detailed shine might last 1-2 days tops before another downpour--although the beading is nice.

Wondering what others in here look for in weather when detailing their own rides? Used to be a minimum of 3-4 days of clear skies before I invested time in prettying up the car. Now, I find myself cleaning and waxing the car even with rain coming the next day! I find its a nice way to pass the time and fairly relaxing.

Do I need therapy?
    Never lie if your memory stinks...

Post Thanks / Like
    I always hear for the sound of birds chriping & flying around... I notice it tend to mean clear sky and no rain coming. As I think the birds knows and they are flying around to find food....

Right now its raining season over here in my country too. Well for me it doesn't matter as waxing the car relaxes me & I need the exercise too.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    i feel your pain ricka i am just over in hurst and the rain just wont let up
    its hard to keep up with three vehicles and keeping the yard mowed, i am sure as usual we will be hot and dry before to long

Post Thanks / Like
    boy, i don't know. forecast shows rain thru the next 10 days!

Sigh.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    are you fighting the web worms in grapevine like we are in hurst? i cant walk around in my yard they are so bad

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know but in my experience, to get it to rain, instead of doing a rain dance, I just detail my car, it never fails......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ricka
    boy, i don't know. forecast shows rain thru the next 10 days!

Sigh.
    You guys are hitting the national news with all the flooding. The news said close to 1 1/2 feet of rain in one day in the hill country (wherever that is). Wow, hope it stops soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ricka
    Its been raining for the entire month of June in Dallas. A nice detailed shine might last 1-2 days tops before another downpour--although the beading is nice.

Wondering what others in here look for in weather when detailing their own rides? Used to be a minimum of 3-4 days of clear skies before I invested time in prettying up the car. Now, I find myself cleaning and waxing the car even with rain coming the next day! I find its a nice way to pass the time and fairly relaxing.

Do I need therapy?
    hey, where are you located in grapvine..i live in flower mound...im a mobile detailer in the area...and this rain is killling me lol....flooding everywhere

Post Thanks / Like
    near colleyville heritage high school.

the rain was a nice diversion for a while but now its just inconvenient and depressing. yeah, the hill country (austin/san antonio) got pounded by 18" in one day!!!!

believe it or not this isn't even the most rain ever in june. we're still an inch less than sometime in the 1940's.

i haven't seen a car wash consistently open in quite a while. golf courses are taking it in the shorts as well as i'm sure you detailers.

on the other hand, once it clears up, car washes, detailers and golf courses will hopefully be over-worked once the sunshine gets to peek out for our usual blazing summer. i haven't swung a club in a month. maybe i'll forget all my bad habits

Post Thanks / Like
    haha ya i just played yesterday at lantana...but only got 8 holes in before the hardcore rain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast