autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried more products, now need suggestions

Really into this!
    Tried my fist wash tonight. Used my PB wash, GREAT stuff! Also, thanks to all of you, the two bucket method worked well and made perfect sense afterwards.
    The PB wheel cleaner seemed to do it's job. Should I try a regualr car wax since I don;t have wheel wax for the wheels?
    I certainly need a waffle weave or what do you suggest for drying? One be enough? I used my cheap mf's tonight.
    USed Crytal Mist as well, worked well, but...I think I need to use it more as a detailer in between washing, as I will be lucky to wash my car once a week, it looked good but I want more "pop" from a follow-up to washing. I am thinking a nice liquid or similar wipe on/off product that be quicker than a hard carnuba.
    So, my questions again (since I ramble!):
    Carnuba be ok for wheels?
    Which waffle weave or what for drying, and how many?
    Good after wash polish or wax to really make it glow, has to be quick.
    Thanks for everything, you guys rock!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, for the wheels, I used regular car wax on there, and it seems to be fine. I may be wrong, so we should wait for others to chime in, but it worked fine for me.
    For drying, if you want to use the Microfiber towels, go with a Guzzler.

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html

I just ordered that the other day, and it says it should be enough to get the WHOLE car. So I'm just going to use smaller towels for the small crevices and clean up work.

As for the quick wax... Sorry can't help

Welcome to the club and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if a regular Carnauba would hold up to the spinning wheels and heat generated along with crap from the brakes and stuff getting attached. I'd use AIO if you have any or some good sealent if you have any. I know guys who use EX-P with no probs. For quick waxing once a week (not quick detailing) I use Poorboy's QW+ and absolutley love it
    Last edited by Surfer; 06-02-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use a sealant on the wheels, not a wax as will break down quickly with heat. Use a little more Crystal Mist to add "pop", your not going to come to close without moving to an additional coat of wax otherwise. And a Guzzler is a must have.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I'll add a wheel wax to my next order, just so I can quit asking that same question, rephrased of course!
    Understood, Guzzler it is!
    It's just not happening with the Crystal Mist for me at this point. Seems to get where I'd liek to be, it would be very expensive. Maybe I''
    It doesn't have to be a spray. I was thinking one of the quick liquids you pour onto a cloth, etc. I'll do a little research and chimr in with ?'s on specifics.

Post Thanks / Like
    CM is mostly a qd after a carnuaba. Try Liquid Souraven. I'll send you some of that too.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your looking to pick up something cheap might want to check out some Duragloss stuff at the store. Seem's even the pro-detailers on a couple other boards love their products. I might pick up some Duragloss Aqua Wax to try. Really underrated stuff. I have some Collinite from our waverunners/boats, looks like guys are topping Collinite with AW for the durability and looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterguitar
    I know I'll add a wheel wax to my next order, just so I can quit asking that same question, rephrased of course!
    Understood, Guzzler it is!
    It's just not happening with the Crystal Mist for me at this point. Seems to get where I'd liek to be, it would be very expensive. Maybe I''
    It doesn't have to be a spray. I was thinking one of the quick liquids you pour onto a cloth, etc. I'll do a little research and chimr in with ?'s on specifics.
    Save your $$ on the wheelwax you can use a sealant like EX-P ,it will be as good if not better.

deffinately get the Cobra WW you won't regret it.This towel is
    extremely soft with plenty of absorbing power. Go with the slightly bigger towels and up though.

I bought the CK QD and i love this stuff. It restored the slickness
    on my paint with plenty of pop especialy after using a good wax
    or sealant. plus it is versatile you can use it on just about everything.
    Also i applied QD in the sun on a hot panel with no streaking at all.

BTW,if you like to sell your crystal mist i would be happy to assist

one more thing. Good prep work is the key to a great finish. don't skimp
    or you will not get the results your looking for no matter what products
    you have..Always wash, clay ,Polish, and then you can use a sealant or wax .Use QD's
    to help maintain your finish. Then you have to have good washing habits so as not to
    over polish. Good Luck and have a blast..
    Last edited by joe.p; 06-02-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been hearing baout the Aqua Wax, who make sit, where can it be found locally?
    Joe, what is CK, ahh Clear Koat? I'll add it to my next order.
    I have some PB QW+ coming, that might just nail it fo rme in what I'm asking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterguitar
    I've been hearing baout the Aqua Wax, who make sit, where can it be found locally?
    Joe, what is CK, ahh Clear Koat? I'll add it to my next order.
    I have some PB QW+ coming, that might just nail it fo rme in what I'm asking for.
    I think Napa and Carquest carry the Duragloss line (otherwise looks like you have to order direct from them). But seems everyone's really impressed by their products from the sprays to car shampoo.

You'll love PB's QW+. What I did was on each layer of EX-P I lightly sprayed Optimum Car Wax and buffed off. The on each layer of Natty's Blue I lightly sprayed PB QW+ and buffed off. But I really like QW+ after a wash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast