autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Long lasting sealants

Friends,

the Swedish climate is a bit extreme. Are you aware of a long lasting Sealant that will last minimum 12 months even if you use degreasers and tix degreasers when washing the car?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielSwe
    Friends,

the Swedish climate is a bit extreme. Are you aware of a long lasting Sealant that will last minimum 12 months even if you use degreasers and tix degreasers when washing the car?

Daniel
    There is no such sealant that will last minimum 12 months when using degreasers. The only longest lasting I know of are Klasse twins, and Duragloss #105. Label says itwill last a full year, but I really doubt it. Although if you add polycharger to it, it might. but not when using degreasers. Only if using gentle shampoo (Poorboys, Duragloss), and QD after every wash.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielSwe
    Friends,

Daniel
    If you find one let me know please...I would be interested...some claim a year..but in reality that would all depend on environmental conditions...garage time...exposure to the elements.......garage queens can get a year with any sealant or wax as long as they are not exposed to the elements..harsh sun...

I do not think there is to much on the market that will fill the bill you are looking for....the degreaser is a killer alone....

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-53
    If you find one let me know please...I would be interested...some claim a year..but in reality that would all depend on environmental conditions...garage time...exposure to the elements.......garage queens can get a year with any sealant or wax as long as they are not exposed to the elements..harsh sun...

I do not think there is to much on the market that will fill the bill you are looking for....the degreaser is a killer alone....

AL
    Thanks for getting into this topic, man. We currently use Silver Seal Nano2K from Smartab as shown on the X5 on my avatar. They claim it will last a year and I will squeeze them to find out if it's true. It is made out of fluorocarbon. I used to work for Mr Cap and their product Formula U definitely lasts a year while washing with degreaser as we do in winter. It's not available in the market, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot claim a year..some claim 5 years...but they never last..to many factors to claim that time span....acid rain...Salt from de icing roads....airports pollutants...highway smog...the list is endless...

Flourocarbon is a form of teflon...called PTFE...it adds no protection..its a slickness producer...but deplete as washing go on....for teflon to bond on a surface it takes 465 degrees ..it can be used in a emulsion to add slickness to the product..but as far as it grabbing the paint and locking in and adding a protective barrier for a year...NO....even Dupont said it has no protective features...even though they do market a teflon car care product line..

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I will have to bring what you say into the discussion with the company. The guy who invented Mr Cap's stuff had to sign a 30-year contract where he's bound not to tell what is in it.

Thanks for help.

Sincerely Daniel
    Last edited by DanielSwe; 06-16-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    WG DGPS FTW

Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant will last the closest to what you are looking for. In my experience, I have noticed that I continue to fall back unto it when looking for durability.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss got good durability, same goes with the collininte, but i dont know if its that you are looking for? Or just a "top coat"

Ive been told that Mr Cap is good, seen some cars they have done, and they look pretty good. But you do have to have the car there once a year dont you?
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    I would give Zaino top honors in length of protection (ie. durability) with the Klasse Twins as close behind. Without using degreasers, and using their booster products you should see 6-8 months protection on either.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, about a year ago, I would have agreed with Scott in regards to Zaino for durability. But since then, I think that some waxes last even longer and look much better.

And talk about being easier to apply! That ZF-X crap, I was never a big fan of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast