autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant supposed to not to be smooth to the touch?

Hi all,

Yesterday I applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant after washing, claying, and applying Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. The Pinnacle was applied by machine and the WDGS was applied by hand with a yellow foam applicator.

This afternoon when I got in my car I rubbed my hand on the hood and found that it felt like there were tons of small bumps like I haven't clayed the car in ten years. When running a micro fiber cloth over the car you can actually here it come in contact with the bumps and even tiny pieces of lint are caught.It didn't have that feel right after applying the sealant.

It has been a little over 24 hours since it was applied. I ensured to let it sit on the car for 45 minutes before buffing it off and I tried to apply as thing of a coat as possible. In addition, the car was stored in a garage overnight to avoid any moisture affecting the sealant. This afternoon's temp was about 83 and my car is a brown bronze color.

It looks beautiful, but is this normal? Did I make a mistake by applying the WDGS on top of the Cleansing Lotion?

Thanks for any help.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant supposed to not to be smooth to the touch?

Was it the 3.0 Or the Depp Gloss Liquid Seal?

Post Thanks / Like

thats very strange
    i have used once the WGDG the sample and after it dries i wiped it it felt very smooth
    then the other day i washed the car and the beading was incredible and the smoothness was still there

u have to make sure that when u wipe the car u park it in a garage to make sure (perfect curing)

Post Thanks / Like

i've used wgdgps over the pinnacle lotion with no issue, did you make sure to buff off the pinnacle before hand? also, have you tried qd'ing or washing the area, perhaps you picked up some road grime when you drove it...
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    i've used wgdgps over the pinnacle lotion with no issue, did you make sure to buff off the pinnacle before hand? also, have you tried qd'ing or washing the area, perhaps you picked up some road grime when you drove it...
    Yep, I applied the Pinnacle in small sections and buffed it off as I went along. The entire car was clean of the Pinnacle before I applied the WGDGS. I plan on washing the car tomorrow. It's like it is growing pimples. What wasn't there last night is more intense tonight.

I sure hope I didn't screw up.

Post Thanks / Like
    You did buff off the paint cleanser, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5errr View Post
    thats very strange
    i have used once the WGDG the sample and after it dries i wiped it it felt very smooth
    then the other day i washed the car and the beading was incredible and the smoothness was still there

u have to make sure that when u wipe the car u park it in a garage to make sure (perfect curing)
    Yep, the car was in the garage as I applied everything except for washing. It was then stored overnight in the garage and it didn't leave the garage until 8:00a this morning. It was a good 12 hours since the application. Temperature only dipped down into the 70s in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You did buff off the paint cleanser, correct?
    Yes - I applied small sections using the machine, stop the machine and then wiped off what I had applied. It took quite a while to apply the cleanser in this fashion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Was it the 3.0 Or the Depp Gloss Liquid Seal?
    It was the 3.0

Post Thanks / Like

I would re clay a section and then re apply the sealant.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast