autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GlassSyn

Post Thanks / Like

GlassSyn

A couple years ago I used a product called Glare that offered some ingredient or design GlassSyn that amplified paint. All in all the sealant was no better looking than Klasse SG and similar in durability although less finicky.

I recently noticed that Chem Guys has released a version of a sealant with the same ingredient. Wondering if anyone could provide further info on product or ingredient ??

GlassSyn ® an organically modified Sodium Silicate that bonds molecularly to your paint delivering a finish that reflects light like glass while offering superior surface protection

Is it hogwash, or truly another offering outside of the new polymer technology ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Sodium Silicate is also called Water Glass.It is a sealer.It will waterproof concrete and masonary. It has no gloss or shine, it is neutral . Many years ago I wondered how it would work as a paint sealer. Of course you would have to add other things to give it gloss. There is a big difference between thinking and doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never tried this , but they say that if you coat a egg with sodium silicate and let it dry , that the egg will bounce like a rubber ball.

Post Thanks / Like
    very interesting...... any other thoughts we could market together ???

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    i live down the road from the chemical guys...i will be going there sometime next week...i'll let you know what the stuff is like...they have a sample cart outside their shop to let you try stuff and they just moved to a new warehouse that will allow for demos and detailing fun...i'll keep you posted...

Post Thanks / Like
    I want some!!!!

Looks good, as well as there Pete's 53..
    20 year olds rule!

"For each step-back, there is an equally or greater come-back..."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...must-read.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-bluuuur.html

Post Thanks / Like
    What I pulled up from another site..

"Sodium Silicate is also called water glass.It is a sealer. It has nothing to do with silicone."

" The new wet mirror finish is neither a sealant,wax or a glaze.Its a new concept in cleaning and it can be used after polishing or sealing and instead of a wax if need be" (from CG)

From what I've read, and seen, it produces a very nice shine, but since it's so new, durabilty hasn't been tested yet.

Still don't know what to think of it.. but looks pretty promising.

20 year olds rule!

Post Thanks / Like
    the pete's wax is awesome...they gave me a whole jar to try out before it came on the market...smells like buttered popcorn....and difinitely makes your car "pop"...I'm currently testing out a new product they gave me a sample of...its a spray and wipe waterless wash...AWESOME stuff...when you spray it on you can see it encapsulating and emulsifying dirt...and it wipes off leaving a haze - some sort of wax or sealant that you buff off...when all is said and done you have a clean car that has a nice high gloss left to it....just like onr/4 in 1/and S&W i wouldn't use it on a caked on dirty car...but I think the results are better...to top it all off it smells like peaches and cream..yum....

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott..I called Paul at CG about this product...The glare stuff is Glassplexin and CG is GlassSyn...the glassplexin is older technology also the Fire Glaze use's Tempra-Flex which is suppose to be better than the Glare...Glare is expensive..

Paul stated it was new technology in the GlasSyn..but you know how that goes..everyone claims they have the best....

I was told it can be used alone after a polishing for say a Show event to have a high deep wet gloss...also can be used on a wax or sealant to bring the shine up and wetter deeper look...

No cleaners...wax..or silicone in it ..his claim to durability was 4-8 months realistically depending on conditions...He said they made theirs with Nanotechnology where as the others do not in their claims..he said it hardens to a optically clear glass like finish..and hard..

I use their EZ creme glaze..and its all that it claims...so maybe this product will be also....

I plan on trying it...any one want to split a gallon PM me..cheaper..

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-53
    Scott..I called Paul at CG about this product...The glare stuff is Glassplexin and CG is GlassSyn...the glassplexin is older technology also the Fire Glaze use's Tempra-Flex which is suppose to be better than the Glare...Glare is expensive..

Paul stated it was new technology in the GlasSyn..but you know how that goes..everyone claims they have the best....

I was told it can be used alone after a polishing for say a Show event to have a high deep wet gloss...also can be used on a wax or sealant to bring the shine up and wetter deeper look...

No cleaners...wax..or silicone in it ..his claim to durability was 4-8 months realistically depending on conditions...He said they made theirs with Nanotechnology where as the others do not in their claims..he said it hardens to a optically clear glass like finish..and hard..

I use their EZ creme glaze..and its all that it claims...so maybe this product will be also....

I plan on trying it...any one want to split a gallon PM me..cheaper..

Al
    I need to try it first, but I would be down for splitting a gallon if I liked the product. I don't want to be stuck with a product I don't like... You know how it goes..
    20 year olds rule!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.