autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How to remove swirls, scratches water spots - Grey 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Hows it going everyone? I had some questions concerning my grey 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Gt. I have swirl marks, fine scratches, and small water spots on the paint as well as what appears to be fine scratches on the windows and was hoping to get rid of them before I sold my vehicle. I was interested in buying the Meguiars Dual Action 6 Inch Polisher G110v2 because I heard it was easy to use especially for someones first time using a D.A. If there is another D.A polisher that is easy to use and will get the job done please let me know. I also wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on what type polish or compounds I should buy either from this site or from the shelf that could fix these multiple problems. Thank you for your responses they are greatly appreciated. P.S I can upload pictures of my car if that helps to asses the damage.

Mike Phillips

Re: How to remove swirls, scratches water spots - Grey 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I moved your post out of this thread,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ggestions.html

Sometimes it's a good idea to tag onto someone else's thread and sometimes it's better to start your own dedicated thread. In your case, you really should have your own dedicated thread.

I have articles on just about every topic that comes up on a "Discussion Forum" including articles on how to interact on discussion forums, even one for how to start your own, dedicated thread.

How to start a new thread & How to reply to an existing thread

You can find the rest under this heading on my article list.

Tips, Techniques and How-to Articles for Interacting on Discussion Forums

Mike Phillips

Re: How to remove swirls, scratches water spots - Grey 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Valor View Post

Hows it going everyone? I had some questions concerning my grey 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Gt. I have swirl marks, fine scratches, and small water spots on the paint
    Gotcha. Paint problems.

as well as what appears to be fine scratches on the windows and was hoping to get rid of them before I sold my vehicle.
    Gotcha, Scratches in glass.

I was interested in buying the Meguiars Dual Action 6 Inch Polisher G110v2 because I heard it was easy to use especially for someones first time using a D.A. If there is another D.A polisher that is easy to use and will get the job done please let me know.
    The Meguiar's DA Polisher is a copy of the Porter Cable 7424XP as is the Griot's Garage DA Polisher. These three polishers are all the same "type" of polisher.

Read about them here,

The Free Floating Spindle Assembly - The Story Behind The Story...

Watch the below two videos...

Video: How to pick the right polisher

Video: All about the FLEX-3401 Forced Rotation Dual Action Polisher

And this one is good because it shows you how safe and effective.

Motorhead Garage - Machine Polishing with Pinnacle - Episode 7

I have tons of articles on these type of tools on my article list, just look for the below heading and picture and the articles are under the pictures.

Dual Action Polishers

I also wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on what type polish or compounds I should buy either from this site or from the shelf that could fix these multiple problems.
    Heck, everything we sell will fix the problem. It's my personal opinion to purchase from where you get the best service.

You can't find a guy or girl behind the counter at Walmart or Autozone that can tell you how to remove the defects out of the paint or the glass but we do that here every day, but you can decide who earns your business.

Thank you for your responses they are greatly appreciated.

P.S I can upload pictures of my car if that helps to asses the damage.
    Sure, upload to the gallery and then insert into your thread...

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much Mike for the help it has helped tremendously! I will be posting pictures to better assess the defects I have on my car.

Mike Phillips

Thank you very much Mike for the help it has helped tremendously! I will be posting pictures to better assess the defects I have on my car.

No problemo... thank you for taking this out of PM's and posting it to the public forum...