autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Wax for white paint

I use Menzerna Power Lock with Collinite 845 with a coat of SSII. Looks ridiculous!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta be honest here so please don't flame me...my wife has a 2011 Mazda Cx7 white pearl and the paint is immaculate. Just for the hell of it since I had it on hand I waxed it with Megs Ultimate Paste wax and I've gotta say I am very impressed. Three months so far and its still beading really well. I hand wash very carefully every week also.

I am planning on using Opticoat 2.0 in the next few weeks and Collinite 845 on top. I will post pics when I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poynter1050 View Post
    I gotta be honest here so please don't flame me...my wife has a 2011 Mazda Cx7 white pearl and the paint is immaculate. Just for the hell of it since I had it on hand I waxed it with Megs Ultimate Paste wax and I've gotta say I am very impressed. Three months so far and its still beading really well. I hand wash very carefully every week also.

I am planning on using Opticoat 2.0 in the next few weeks and Collinite 845 on top. I will post pics when I do.
    I don't see any reason why someone would flame you for indicating you've had great success with a quality product. If something's working for you and you like it then that's what's important..

Personally, I agree with everything you've said!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I recently started using 845 for my wife's white Kia Spectra DD. Needless to say I am very pleased. The beading is RIDICULOUS! It makes me smile every time I wash it now.

Sometimes I find myself just standing there spraying water over the hood zoning out to the sight of the water beads sliding off the paint.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by poynter1050 View Post

I used ultimate paste wax on my sisters titanium white focus, made it look amazing! I just put a coat of Fk1000p on the front end for a quick trip for bugs. I must say it made the hood look great and it's soo slick!
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of those guy's that can't stop buying waxes when they come out. but over time I've decided to pick a couple products and stick with them. The ones I've settled on are Menzerna PowerLok, two or three layers, and a layer or two of Souveran paste to top it off. Of course there may be better combos to use but the two I use work very well on my Infiniti in moonlight white and I believe Mr. Phillips said at some time in the past "If you find something you like stick with it. Words of wisdom.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am somewhat of an addict of buying new detailing products and I just can't seem to go wrong with Meg's products. My 2009 Genesis suggests otherwise but you know what Meg's consumer products should not be overlooked just because they are cheap.

BobbyG
    Thanks for the support! I am relatively new to detailing with great aspirations! My goal is to try a lot of proven products but specific to what works for my vehicles. From what I know now Mazda pearl white is extremely hard and Hyundai black pear is pretty damn soft. What I have learned is every car is different. Economy wax may work for some but not others! Testing is all that matters!!

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience, white really gets brighter and looks different with menzerna power lock. The durability is below average though.

If you want the super sharp and bright reflections at surface level, I suggest MPL.

845 is super durable and also looks great on white but not as bright, although brighter than most carnubas.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Daytona Joe. I definitely want it to look super sharp so I'm excited to try the power lock when I do pick it up.

Can anyone comment on Natty's white and how it looks? Though about picking some up on my poorboys order today.

In regards to 845, does it have a shelf life? I've had mine for about 3 years now and it lives in the garage and has endured the summer/winter temperature cycles. It has never frozen but I want to make sure that it is still alright. Probably just needs a really good shake?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobble View Post
    Yeppers I got this idea from you, previously only used it on my jet skis and those of others I did, now it's the first coat on all the light colors I do(White, silver, beige).
    Love the stuff but I'm also the idiot who pulls them out of the water and is wiping down and washing with ARO while everybody else is having a beer only to dunk them back in the next day. I have issues
    ...don't we all...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast