autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foam gun

Post Thanks / Like

foam gun

I just tried the pressure spray method and have a foam cannon on its way to me but I think I changed my mind. With pressure sprayers dying and the risk of too much pressure causing damage or removing my wax job I think I may go another direction. At this poitn I am returning the pressure washer to Home Depot and when the foam cannon and DP shampoo come I will just send them back for a return.

I bought the grit guard bucket and plan to do the 2 bucket or even a 3 bucket method. What makes a lot of sense to me is to first deliver soap to the paint before touching it with anything. I was thinking of getting the Foam Gun that simply works with the hose to do this and then proceed to the bucket method like normal.

What do you guys think?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: foam gun

Make sure u refuse the package when UPS delivers... and dont open it... or else u be paying extra shipping lol

Post Thanks / Like

yeah but they just leave it at my door.

Can I just take it back and give it to the Hub and tell them its refused?

According to the AG policy you have to call for a RA number so I dont know how this works. I did call the next morning to AG to cancel it but they said it was too late and being packaged which sort of sucks for me to have to pay to send it back.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk if u can bring it back... they might said u already opened the package and wont take it back
    but to be on safe side just be at home and just refuse the package... it will automatically send back to AG and track the package urself...
    as soon as it gets back to them, give them a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Me, personally, don't think you should take anything back. I have been using a pressure washer, for the past two years, and haven't experienced any issues with it removing/stripping my LSP. I LOVE washing with my pressure washer....matter of fact, my fiancee's neighbor complained about running the pressure washer one day and asked me to turn it off. So being the nice guy that I am (that was last time I do that though), I turned it off and switched to the hose....yeah....it just wasn't the same for me.

Now that I have my foam lance, it takes washing a car to another level. I enjoy washing a car so much more with the foam cannon. AND I feel that it makes washing the car so much more safer. Keep this in mind...you're not going to get that thick foam like you see here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...oam-party.html

I definitely say keep the PW and foam cannon.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to clarify your post. Is there some epidemic killing off pressure washers? I use a nice quiet electric AR pressure washer (2.0 GPM at 1350 PSI). It is in fine health and kicks ass with a foam cannon. For auto detailing, you do not need (and probably should avoid) a high psi, gas powered pressure washer. Always use a wide (40 degrees or more) spray tip.

Post Thanks / Like

hose foam gun

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like working harder then return the pressure washer. It's a tool like any other. Used improperly it will damage a vehicle. No different than any detailing machine. Don't assume that those that DO use pressure washers are careless or that those that use 3 bucket methods are somehow more careful or methodical. Don't fall into the ego trap of detailing. (i.e. I spend 20 hours on MY car so my job must be better than your 8hour job.) second those hose foamers are crap. The cannon is better.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well then maybe I should just get the Karcher X series then. I had the K series that I just returned to home depot and it seems many on here speak of them dying after a short time.

I was just at Costco and saw a snapon version for only $179 and with their return policy I think this might be the better bet. I just wonder how dangerious it is to use a pressure washer in terms of removing wax etc.

I use Zaino products and Sal said that a pressure washer can remove the product and that they dont use that method. I did some more research on here and its 50/50 some love the 2 bucket method while others go for the pressure washer. But in terms of the hose foam gun you guys feel that its not any good? I just think that getting some car wash product on the paint before touching it would be a good idea but perhaps its not necessary.

I just cant decide what to do but I have a Black truck and want to rid it of swirls. Its brand new and has light swirls on it now but I have not waxed it yet. This weekend is when I am starting and I am about to go out and start with clay bar to prep it after just washing in Dawn to strip it down.

Post Thanks / Like

These videos may change your mind

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcCR7US3NQE]Foam Lance MTM - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5pq_Z-5VtU]foam lance evo x - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXlEMGc_60]Foam Cannon - YouTube[/video]
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast