autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So I feel like my windshield is completely ruined...

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    polish it off with m 105
    I agree with Dave. Any compound or abrasive polish should do the trick but M105 will make quick work of it. Try Aquapel afterwards.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I agree with Dave. Any compound or abrasive polish should do the trick but M105 will make quick work of it. Try Aquapel afterwards.
    So which one would work better: the garage stuff or meguiars 105? Just gonna try and get the one that makes my windshield like new lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DM616 View Post
    So which one would work better: the garage stuff or meguiars 105? Just gonna try and get the one that makes my windshield like new lol.
    IMO M105. Megs Ultimate Compound is a great OTC alternative!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, since no one has really said this--IMO, that has nothing to do with your putting 845/wax on your windshield. What kind of car is that? I find my Honda glass to be a bit flaky and very difficult to get clean and free of films. But the pattern you have in no way resembles any kind of wax residue or effect; I believe you have some deposits or etching on the glass. If you don't have a machine, follow the advice you've gotten about getting some Meguiar's 105, or if you can't get that, some Meg's Ultimate Compound at Wal-Mart and a nice cotton terry applicator and rub the bejeesus out of it, that should fix it right up. Then don't use a wax on there, use a sealant, or Rain-X or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ok, since no one has really said this--IMO, that has nothing to do with your putting 845/wax on your windshield. What kind of car is that? I find my Honda glass to be a bit flaky and very difficult to get clean and free of films. But the pattern you have in no way resembles any kind of wax residue or effect; I believe you have some deposits or etching on the glass. If you don't have a machine, follow the advice you've gotten about getting some Meguiar's 105, or if you can't get that, some Meg's Ultimate Compound at Wal-Mart and a nice cotton terry applicator and rub the bejeesus out of it, that should fix it right up. Then don't use a wax on there, use a sealant, or Rain-X or something.
    Interesting. I don't have a machine, so should I get the Meguiar's 105? This only seemed to happen after I put the wax on though. Either way, I'll be trying the sample of that DP glass restorer first before purchasing anything though. 1997 Camry by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I don't have a machine, so should I get the Meguiar's 105? This only seemed to happen after I put the wax on though. Either way, I'll be trying the sample of that DP glass restorer first before purchasing anything though. 1997 Camry by the way.
    M105 is fine by hand. Look, in 14 years you've had plenty of time to get some water or acid rain spotting, maybe it just took the wax to make it display itself in this manner.

Post Thanks / Like

M105 is fine by hand. Look, in 14 years you've had plenty of time to get some water or acid rain spotting, maybe it just took the wax to make it display itself in this manner.
    Haha well I bought the car two years ago, from an old guy who literally never used it, so I'm guessing he rarely cleaned it as well. I've been trying to take care of it since I gotten it, though I've never paid much detail to the windshield. I'll try getting some Meguiar's ultimate compound, heard it's good stuff. Pretty cheap too. So are the spots just really hard water spots? Honestly that's what I thought it was...look's like water running down from the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

So are the spots just really hard water spots? Honestly that's what I thought it was...look's like water running down from the windshield.
    Yes, that's what I think they are, but they may be etched in and you may be unable to remove them by hand. However, a good brisk rubbing with UC will improve the windshield and the muscle tone in your arm...you may experience some pain the day after, however. In that case, rub Rain-X onto the affected areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's what I think they are, but they may be etched in and you may be unable to remove them by hand. However, a good brisk rubbing with UC will improve the windshield and the muscle tone in your arm...you may experience some pain the day after, however. In that case, rub Rain-X onto the affected areas.
    You're right, but doesn't that DP stuff claim to fix etched stuff by hand or machine? So if UC doesn't work, that stuff should...hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you do it already?!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast