autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultra Glass Coating NEO. Do anybody knows this coating ?

Guys, do anybody knows or ever used this coating ?
    The company claims at least 3 years warranty over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultra Glass Coating NEO. Do anybody knows this coating ?

I've never heard of it............

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    I've never heard of it............
    Looks like it's from a japanese chemical company... and I think it's selling a lot here in Brazil.
    I guess it will be up to me to test and review it against opti-coat and cquartz.... maybe next year I'll buy all 3 of them to make a durability test....

Post Thanks / Like

Polysilazanes (close cousins to polysiloxanes...plenty's been heard about these) have been used in recent years in formulating some of the major paint manufacturers 'newer' OEM factory-paint-kitchen applied paints such as: Ceramiclear, SupraShield, Optech, for example.

With today's fast-paced technological advances, having available polysilazane coatings for aftermarket use, on top of OEM cured paint systems (comparable to, as far as coatings, to OC, CQuartz, and a host of other coatings?), may not be too far of a stretch, IMO.

I'm sure the paint manufacturers will share in any profit making ventures, though. Therefore, the costs of these types of the latest and greatest innovative car-care products will not be inexpensive....whether the costs are real, or "marketing imaginative"....let alone them being 'effective' paint protection products, or not.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaC View Post
    Looks like it's from a japanese chemical company... and I think it's selling a lot here in Brazil.
    I guess it will be up to me to test and review it against opti-coat and cquartz.... maybe next year I'll buy all 3 of them to make a durability test....
    Awesome!

Looking forward to hearing more about it. I always enjoy hearing about something new on the market.....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Polysilazanes (close cousins to polysiloxanes...plenty's been heard about these) have been used in recent years in formulating some of the major paint manufacturers 'newer' OEM factory-paint-kitchen applied paints such as: Ceramiclear, SupraShield, Optech, for example.

With today's fast-paced technological advances, having available polysilazane coatings for aftermarket use, on top of OEM cured paint systems (comparable to, as far as coatings, to OC, CQuartz, and a host of other coatings?), may not be too far of a stretch, IMO.

I'm sure the paint manufacturers will share in any profit making ventures, though. Therefore, the costs of these types of the latest and greatest innovative car-care products will not be inexpensive....whether the costs are real, or "marketing imaginative"....let alone them being 'effective' paint protection products, or not.

Bob
    Hey bob.... I don't know if I got what you said right, I'm not a native speaker..
    But if I did:
    You're actually saying it might be a good product and that the polymers it uses are brand new tech ? And the it could probably be better than OC or CQuartz ?

Of course having Polysilazanes isn't enough because if so all carnauba waxes would be just as like the same.... but if done right and if I got what you said right, this product can actually be top notch and keep word on their 3 years warranty then.....

PS: I've an American maker of this type of polymer Case Studies - Americas | Americas
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Awesome!

Looking forward to hearing more about it. I always enjoy hearing about something new on the market.....
    I'll let you know when I start it... it won't be for this early, but maybe on the first quarter of 2012..... yeah... let's prepare our cars so they can look good even during the end of the World.... LoL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaC View Post
    Hey bob.... I don't know if I got what you said right, I'm not a native speaker..
    But if I did:
    You're actually saying it might be a good product and that the polymers it uses are brand new tech ? And the it could probably be better than OC or CQuartz ?
    Sorry if there may be some misinterpretation on what I was trying to say.

I was just saying that some paints contain/have polysilazanes technologies that are baked on at the car factories.

And that whether or not aftermarket car care products containing polysilazanes would be effective or not, as far as coatings go.

And yes, I suppose that some of this technology could be labeled as "new" when it comes to car care products usage.

My reference to Opti-Coatings, CQuartz, and other coatings....was to just illustrate, or trying to visualize, different coatings and their qualities...no other inference or comparison intended at all.

Hope this clarifies my previous post for you.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Sorry if there may be some misinterpretation on what I was trying to say.

I was just saying that some paints contain/have polysilazanes technologies that are baked on at the car factories.

And that whether or not aftermarket car care products containing polysilazanes would be effective or not, as far as coatings go.

And yes, I suppose that some of this technology could be labeled as "new" when it comes to car care products usage.

My reference to Opti-Coatings, CQuartz, and other coatings....was to just illustrate, or trying to visualize, different coatings and their qualities...no other inference or comparison intended at all.

Hope this clarifies my previous post for you.

Bob

It sure did! Thanks Bob!

I also found this promotional youtube video:

Post Thanks / Like

I think that these glass coating is simply a form of Sodium Silicate, which is also called Water Glass. It is a great sealant , it will also seal concrete. It must have other ingredients to make it work on paint .