autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

NXT liquid wax over XMT finishing glaze w/ carnuba?

Is it appropriate to use NXT liquid wax over XMT finishing glaze?
    Thanks Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't, NXT has some cleaning ability. I would just throw a carnauba over the glaze.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Would just any good paste wax work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, any paste carnauba would work just fine.

I just want to throw this in there. I used XMT glaze for the first time last week (even though I've had it for a month), and I was fairly pleased. Not sure how much depth or wetness it added since I have a white car, but if did have a few filling properties, not a ton, but some. I used it on a blue Edge pad at speed 4 on the PC. I put the Glaze directly on the surface of the car because otherwise the pad will just absorb it right up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it is funny, the last detail I did I used NXT Liquid over XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze for a test. I even did a line test to see if I could notice a difference. Also, I pulled my wife inside the garage and asked her which side looked better. Guess what? She chose the side with the XMT and NXT. She doesn't know polish from wax, but she knows which side looks better.

I have been told that NXT doesn't have the cleaning abilities that people say they do. And this is comming from Meguiar's people. It doesn't strip of the lower products like people think.

I actually had luck with this combo. I added a coat of XMT with a LC Finishing pad and then I went right back over that with NXT by hand and a Meguiar's applicator pad. I seriously could tell a difference. The side with XMT was deeper. Not just shinier. BTW, the car I was testing on was black.

I'm not saying that a carnuba paste wouldn't be better, I just say that NXT will work. Especially if you are looking for longer protection.

I say give it a try. I think you will be suprised.
    Last edited by 67Customs; 02-15-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I think I'll give a go. The car is not a daily driver (91 red corvette) and sits in the garage 6 days out of 7.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty7mustang22
    Actually, it is funny, the last detail I did I used NXT Liquid over XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze for a test. I even did a line test to see if I could notice a difference. Also, I pulled my wife inside the garage and asked her which side looked better. Guess what? She chose the side with the XMT and NXT. She doesn't know polish from wax, but she knows which side looks better.

I have been told that NXT doesn't have the cleaning abilities that people say they do. And this is comming from Meguiar's people. It doesn't strip of the lower products like people think.

I actually had luck with this combo. I added a coat of XMT with a LC Finishing pad and then I went right back over that with NXT by hand and a Meguiar's applicator pad. I seriously could tell a difference. The side with XMT was deeper. Not just shinier. BTW, the car I was testing on was black.

I'm not saying that a carnuba paste wouldn't be better, I just say that NXT will work. Especially if you are looking for longer protection.

I say give it a try. I think you will be suprised.
    I'm not sure I would agree with that, especially since it says on the bottle that it has cleaning properties with light abrasion. If a Meg's rep told you this, you got lied to. NXT is not a bad wax, but it is not something to top layer of expensive polishes and glazes with. Likewise, a carnaube wax will DEFINITELY have a longer durability than NXT. Let me put it this way, Meg's is the best cheap stuff you can get, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bambo2888
    I'm not sure I would agree with that, especially since it says on the bottle that it has cleaning properties with light abrasion. If a Meg's rep told you this, you got lied to. NXT is not a bad wax, but it is not something to top layer of expensive polishes and glazes with. Likewise, a carnaube wax will DEFINITELY have a longer durability than NXT. Let me put it this way, Meg's is the best cheap stuff you can get, IMO.
    Yeah, I guess you are right. They have a tendancy to lie about their products.

A lot of products say a lot of things on the bottle. They don't always do exactly what they say. Most stuff put on the bottle is exagerated to market to the average consumer. You should know that.

I don't always go by what is on the bottle. Hence the reason I spoke with a rep and did my own test. He told me it DOES have cleaners, but it doesn't clean as much as people think. He didn't lie and the bottle doesn't lie. It is just exagerated. I'm just relaying what I have learning though my own reasearch, not just by reading a bottle.

If NXT cleans the lower products off, then why did I see a difference? Dude, I have a crap load of different waxes. Cheap ones and expensive ones. I do test here and there for fun. I am just mentioning what I found. I never said it was the gospel and I never said it was the best. You don't have to agree with me if you don't want to. He wanted to know if it worked, well it worked for me and I just thought I would let him know. The only thing he can do is try it himself and see if he gets results.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Post Thanks / Like
    if i remember correctly, forums are methods of sharing opinions and feelings on topics, right? this is EXACTLY why I tastfully stated that I disagree with what you said, in no way was any negativity projected.

furthermore, that the rep AND the bottle both said that it does have "some" cleaning properties to it, whether in reality that it is some or a lot, the fact is that it does remove layer of whatever you had on before it. the cleaning property is actually a chemical cleaning agent that will, no matter what and how its used, remove some contaminants, SIMILAR to that of a clay bar, just not as effectively.

dont take offense just because someone stated they disagreed with you, be mature. its all good
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast