autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's leather conditioner destroyed my seats!

Very sorry to hear of your issue, Muscle. Thanks for posting the pics. Now we know what we are dealing with. I hope it gets worked out with little pain. Keep us posted as we all learn through these situtions.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar experience with tan colored leather. I don't remember the brand of cleaner I was using, as it was so long ago, but there was so much ground in dirt that I was "scrubbing" with a cotton towel, and I realized I was literally scrubbing away the dye. I switched to a softer (microfiber) towel, and the rest of the seats with a little less "passion"... This is definitely the type of situation to remind us all to always do a test spot when using a new product, or even a familiar product for the first time on a new area...
    Curious to see how this gets resolved

Post Thanks / Like

How many seats were damaged?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

This pics somewhat looks like it's been re-dyed, but I can't be 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    How many seats were damaged?
    At least three. I was trying to get the pictures before it started to rain, so I didn't really look at the other captains chair. I didn't clean the back bench seat, so it is fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    This pics somewhat looks like it's been re-dyed, but I can't be 100% sure.

These seats were literally perfect before this. Does a dye job really look that good?

Something else... I am pretty sure the Meg's leather cleaner didn't take off any color. At least I didn't see any. It wasn't until I used the conditioner that the color started coming off. I didn't let it sit there and soak in either. I use a soft microfiber towel to apply and I didn't scrub hard. I used a clean towel for the cleaner and a clean one for the conditioner.

Post Thanks / Like

dont know how long you have had the vehicle or if you are orig. owner.
    The trouble with leather seats made in hte US are dyed poorly thus the reason for them not looking as good and as long as imported vehicles, I was advised by manufacturer. Also the seats may have been dyed by another person who had no knowledge of the process and wanted it to look good enough to unload it.

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of the reason/culprit, I would be bummed out too if my seats turned out like that. Hope everything works out for the best Muscle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    These seats were literally perfect before this. Does a dye job really look that good?

Something else... I am pretty sure the Meg's leather cleaner didn't take off any color. At least I didn't see any. It wasn't until I used the conditioner that the color started coming off. I didn't let it sit there and soak in either. I use a soft microfiber towel to apply and I didn't scrub hard. I used a clean towel for the cleaner and a clean one for the conditioner.
    Did you happen to notice if any color actually came off of the seats and onto the rag? I mean, I realize your saying the color came off of the seats, but did you see any on the rag? You may have already stated the answer and I may have missed it if you did mention it.

I find your problem interesting as I recently had a similar thing happen to my brand new tires on an older set of wheels from the same brand of products, their all wheel cleaner. I have pictures already in my gallery, but have neglected to post them becuase I've been busy. Now, back to the original topic.

I think I can relate to how you feel though. I mean no one wants this to happen to them. I hope you can at least figure out what happened. I have no doubt that Meg's will take care of you in the event their product may have attributed to this. Time and patients will prevail.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

We Re-dye seats all the time at my Dealership I have to agree with Chad about the Re-Dye most of the seats look like that before they are dyed . The company that may of Dyed them may of not prep the seats properly.
    Another common issue is when a customer complains about a leather problem and the manufacturer won't replace the leather but will dye it .
    Lamborghini Broward

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast