autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

california water blade...safe?

http://www.autobarn.net/ac20002.html

ok well someone from a bmw forum asked about that product and well im skeptical but intrigued and want toknow if you guys know anything about this. is it safe, effective, or should we all stay far far away? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it and it works well to help dry up quickly, just make sure you clean real well as it can trap particles that may scratch the surface. Honestly, if your car is already nice and sealed/waxed, let the water straight from the hose sheet onto the car and damn near all of it will just roll right off making drying quick and simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is as safe as the person using it. Can it scratch your paint? No. Can the dirt that gets trapped between the blade and your paint scratch? Yes. So the solution to using this tool is to make sure there isn't any dirt on the car and there isn't any dirt on the blade between each swipe.

I have one and I use it on my windows every time I wash the car. I don't use it on the paint becuase there isn't really a need. If you run a slow stream of water over your car then most of the water just sloughs off anyway. On a car that I am going to be polishing anyway I'll use this to dry it a little faster. If it causes any scratches in that case then it doesn't really matter since I'll be removing them anyway. Personally I've never seen my california water blade scratch anything, but I've heard that it can if you aren't careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my 2 cents, I have used mine twice on my wifes 3 week old car and it has not harmed the finish at all. Of coursr I make sure it's rinsed off first and shake the water off between swipes. You can even wipe the blade after each pass with what ever drying product you are using.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it on the cars I detail and havn't had any problems with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    this is something that has been argued time and again. I would only say that you consider where you are drying. If outside, and just say that a wind carries some small grains of sand onto the finish between washing and drying, then what would a solid blade do to the sand as it pushes it to the side ?? Why take the chance ?? At least with a towel, micro or cotton, you have a nap that will likely pull these contaminents up and away from paint.

I will tell you where mine is currently, in the shower. Nice easy location and quick use on glass doors and tiled walls.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one product that scares the crap out of me. I'd never use it on my black paint. Just my preference.
    Carnauba Geek!

Post Thanks / Like
    The water blade works great for me, I always make sure to rinse it off before using it to get any grit that may be on it to prevent scratches.