autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: optimum wax

Post Thanks / Like

optimum wax

So i had to pick my dads car up today, it was dirty so i decided Iwouold wash it. I started with just a wash. I used ONR and was very impressed, this stuff never lets me down. I noticed water was still sheeting off the car like mad, I hadnt waxed it in over 2 months due to time and shedule conflicts. The zymol wax (carbon) is still holding strong. I guees that outs to rest the few week rumor.
    Back to the topic at hand. I decided to wax the car since i had time. I was looking through my collection when i noticed I still had the optimum kit i bought from AG over 6 months ago. I have used the wash once, the wax once, and have never used the interior protectant. So i say what the hey. If i dont like it w.e its still protection for the car.

So here is my review on the optimum wax

Product: Optimum Wax

Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone

Price: It says 15.99 USD, i however bought the kit for 29.99 USD

Optimum 3 Step Kit: Optimum paint enhancement and protection in an easy 3 step kit!

Size: 17.5 fl oz.

Label: looks alright, tells me what the product is, nothing spectaular but its about the product not the package so no biggy in my books

Direction per Opt: 1: wash car with gental car soap
    2: remove all exes water, dry car
    3: spray the wax on, and wipe up with MF, do not let dry

How I used: After washing the car with ONR i dried the car. I then took the bottle of wax, turned the head to spray. I srayed a thin coat over one section at a time, starting at the hood and working my way back. After I sprayed the wax on I removed right away with a cobra all purpose MF. (again from AG). I mad sure to get all the wax, i remember it being a PITA to get off if you let it dry.

Result: I was very impresed. When doing one pannel at a time you dont notice a huge difference. However once you take a step back and look at the whole car you relize its a nice looking wax. It left the paint looking deep, yet it still had a nice shine to it. It gave the paint a nice balance. Here are some pics, sorry they are bad but it is at night and my dads car is in the gargae. But none the less they show the job of OW.

and Like I said these picks suck. they dont do the car justice, however there still somthing

Pros: This is a simple wax to apply, it goes on easily and does a good job. the end look is nice. It is also relitivy inexpensice as little wax is used, plus its under a buck and oz. So even if you apply to much its not a big deal.

Cons: its hard to wipe up with a mf, even when you apply a thin coat its still hard to get it all. it takes more passes then I would like. Alos from the last time i used it iremeber doing it in poor light. some of the wax dried and it was hell to get off. This time I made sure to get it all.

Final thoughts: Very nice to use, i had fun. I waxed the whole car in under 10 minutes which is nice. It wasnt hard to use, and didnt take alot od effort which is nice. It claims to last up to 5 months, which i am skeptical of, i dont go 5 months without waxing any car so i wont be able to find out.
    I will be using this as a boster wax. somthing to give it a nice touch up between paste waxing.

Any comments of questions would be appricated. And please ask questions, i have writen a few reviews and none has had a qustion, it know there are always questions so PLEASE ask . ( i get lonley writing there reviews lol)

But dont take my word for it, give it a shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Lightings not to great, but all in all it looks good. I love the that color. I just bought the optimum buffing compound and going to try it out when it comes in. I'm still looking around and seeing what wax is best so thanks for the review, helped out a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't used my OCW in awhile, especially after using AW. Cool to see the review though. Gotta say ScottWax on autopia has posted some black vehicles he's done with OCW and they look awsome, maybe its his prep, but they looked more like they had $$$ carnauba waxes on. That one black Excursion he did sticks out in my mind.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said the pictures dont do the paint justice. Im not great with a camera, and the whole setting didnt allow for great shots; The car needs a full detail, but thats another topic.
    The optimum buffing compound is awsome, i use them al the time. I dont think i would use this as the only wax to top. I would use another wax (such as a paste) and just use this as a quick 10 minute booster. If you do this you will have stunning results