autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so confused

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

so confused

here is the deal i have been researching and looking at different kits that include a da. gues what there is more than one, oddly enought there is also more than one company making waxes sealants and thing i still dont understand what they o or what order to do them in. so here is what i need from those of you that know way more than I, just a little help to show me the way to buying what i need to do up keep on the 2 trucks (red) and one silver ford fusion. i have tried to keep from posting by reading and reading and in the end i am more confused than what i was when i didnt know anything. I was looking at just getting a full kit from groits but have been unable to get enoguht information to purchase, then i was going to get a 7424 kit fro auto geek with the xmt intermediate swirl remover and some soverian wax but i wasnt sure that was what i needed. the car is brand new and looks very good, the GMC is washed and waxed every month at a minimum, the ford f350 is in need of some help, oxidation and my lack of care have taken a tole on the poor thing. Please help with any ideas that you might have, what ever the group desides i will buy as i am just to confused to know anything right now. by the way i live in louisiana, if that helps any.
    thanks for your help
    matt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: so confused

To Autogeek Online!

Matt,

The two kits below are great starter kits that include everything you'll need to gain both knowledge and experience. Both include dual action polishers and come with product sufficient enough to make the average car glow.

Neither of these kits contain a sealant or wax so please plan accordingly. You can always add additional products as you go along and there's no better place to buy them than Autogeek....

Wolfgang Duo & Porter Cable 7424XP FREE BONUS

Pinnacle Twins & Meguiars G110v2 Dual Action Polisher Kit FREE BONUS

Here's some great reading by Mike Phillips

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

could you recomend a sealant and a wax? i was leaning towards poorboys EX and natty blue, how ever i was also interested in the soverian( i think is its name) wax. i really dont have a budget for this adventure, i just want to be able to have th right tools to do the job right.
    thanks
    matt
    oh and as i am getting my information from autogeek i will be purchasing from them to

Post Thanks / Like

I think this will be a great purchase for the money, Optimum Porter Cable 7424 Kit Remove swirl marks and paint flaws
    The Optimum products are very easy for beginners to work with and produce very nice results. They are pretty mild products so there will be no worry of removing too much clearcoat during your learning curve but are effective enough to obtain the results that you will be looking for.

With this kit you will get a white polishing pad (which you will want) in addition to a medium cutting pad(orange) and a finishing pad(gray). IMO no kit is complete without a polishing pad. You get 3 quarts of product too, instead of 2 small bottles so you'll have plenty of product to work with while you learn.

You May want to order at least 3 each of 5.5 inch orange and white pads with your initial purchase as they will be more effective at removing the oxidation and swirls from your more neglected truck and will work with the 5" backing plate supplied with the kit.

The Porter Cable is a proven machine which is rarely associated with break downs and will have enough power to get the work done. (there are more powerful machines)

Just keep asking questions and keep reading the articles here and you will get it. Placing the pad to the paint however is where experience comes from so don't get too overwhelmed with what you read, you have all the members here to back you up if you get stuck. Have fun with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by why165 View Post
    i really dont have a budget for this adventure, i just want to be able to have th right tools to do the job right.
    thanks
    matt
    Are you saying that money is not your main concern or that you have to be careful what you spend? If money is no object here you may want to look into a Flex polisher in addition to the PC kit as it will produce the results faster and save valuable time for you. Either way you go you will get it done though.

Post Thanks / Like

bulletproof wax fuzion for real shine collinite 845 for durability
    menzerna powerlock for a sealant,

Post Thanks / Like

Sealant

One of the sealants I like the best is Menzerna Power Lock. This goes on nicely and my preferred method of applying it is with my Porter Cable 7424 DA with a RED Lake Country CCS or Flat pad on speed 3. This allows you the control you need to lay down just the right amount and work it into the paint as well.

Wax

There are allot of waxes to choose from. One wax I keep promoting is Collinite 845. This wax offers the best protection, high gloss, and for about $14.95 per bottle it can't be beat.

Pinnacle Souveran, Wolfgang Fuzion, Optimum Spray Wax, DP Max Wax, Poorboy's Natty, Dodo are just a few are available through Autogeek and are phenomenal products.

Carnauba

Car Wax - Carnauba Waxes- Pinnacle Carnauba Car waxes, P21s Concours Carnauba car wax

Synthetics

Paint Sealants like Klasse, Wolfang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Spend some time looking at some of the products offered here and try not to become overwhelmed. Take your time, start slow, and do some experimentation.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I think this will be a great purchase for the money, Optimum Porter Cable 7424 Kit Remove swirl marks and paint flaws
    The Optimum products are very easy for beginners to work with and produce very nice results. They are pretty mild products so there will be no worry of removing too much clearcoat during your learning curve but are effective enough to obtain the results that you will be looking for.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

what i ment by the money commment was short of $1000 i am game, i like to work with the best equipment that way i dont buy the stuff twice and spend half again as much as i would have to start with. Now with that being siad i would prefer not to spend that kinda of money right now, but if i must well then i must. i looked at that kit that yall have recomended and can only ask if i can get a general consesous from yall about waxes and sealants. My wifes car will be done as time and need show, my gmc will be done at will as it is my baby, and my f350 will be done as needed ( read once a year maybe twice ). hopefully with that information you can recommend some more great porducts.
    thanks and keep the good infor coming
    matt

Post Thanks / Like

i would do without the kit, buy everything seperately and pick & choose the exact items you want and will use...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast