autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber vs Chamois

I have always used Tide Free or whatever the wash detergent is without anything that "enhances" the finish cycle like fabric softeners etc. I tried the MF specific detrgents in the past and to be honest, didn't notice much difference so i went back to the grocery store "additive free" types. Doing as many MF washes as i do, i simply found it just a little more cost effective and quick and easy to buy more when needed.

I also include white distilled vinegar in my final rinses about every 3rd wash. And ALWAYS air dry.

Now there are many who swear by the specific MF wash products and i am in no way discounting those products. What got me to buy a specific MF detergent in the first place is the thought of a dedicated soap engineered specifically for MF...a tool i have invested quite a bit of money on in my inventory of supplies. It worked very very well but not enough for me to expend a little more money on for not much noticeable gain.

Again, just one person's opinion and experience here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber vs Chamois

I like to keep it simple. "Find a product you like and use it." - Mike Phillips. Well, I found Micro-Restore 7 years ago and never looked back. 1 oz per load is all it takes. Punch in extra rinse in the machine, and transfer everything to the dryer when done. Set on low/delicate setting and put back in the bins when dry. No muss, no fuss, no vinegar.

The only thing I'm particular about is not to mix my paint towels with everything else. Doesn't even matter if they've got wax or polish. So I usually do 2 loads.

I still have all my original MF towels too. They work great today as the day I bought them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12