autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toro Leaf Blower for Car Drying

Well one idea is if you wanted to get a little Mini air compressor with the blower attachment...ive seen it work good for the little nooks that water likes to sit in

Personally I have a ShopVac that is a wet/dry vac and blower in one . I love that thing...just snap the motor part off the vac...snap on the blower tube and do what ya need to do...then snap it back on and your good for vacuuming

I got mine for about $50-60 at Lowes during a x-mas sale a couple years back. I think its a 14 Gal and 5.5 HP. I can say it works great not only for blowing, but more heavy duty jobs as well (such as when we drained our pool a few months back and the sump-pump couldnt suck out the last 60 gallons or so on the bottom)...I took the shopvac down there and it would fill the tank with no problem in about 2 minutes or so (pushing a full 14 gallon tank up the incline of a diving pool...not as easy lol).

Just a couple options thou, and if your in need of a new wet/dry vac....then its perfect timing!

Post Thanks / Like

I use a leaf blower intentionally leaving some light water droplets, and then I spritz with a detailing spray and wipe/blot with a guzzler. Its adds gloss and enough lubrication to avoid scratches, and will remove the water marks too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions.

So how big is the lip opening when using the 5MPH lung method?

My shop vac was used to clean up drywall prep so it sprays little white particles at start up. Not a good idea for a car dryer.

Probably back to an air compressor or cordless leaf blower with the little metro hand held doesn't have the output.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if anyone's tried this out, but Craftsman has a 18V hand held vac/blower as part of their C3 system for about $40. I need a new cordless drill so I was going to look into this for the crevices. Anyone happen to try one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    Not sure if anyone's tried this out, but Craftsman has a 18V hand held vac/blower as part of their C3 system for about $40. I need a new cordless drill so I was going to look into this for the crevices. Anyone happen to try one?
    I'd be interested to hear your experience if you go down that road.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

So how big is the lip opening when using the 5MPH lung method?

My shop vac was used to clean up drywall prep so it sprays little white particles at start up. Not a good idea for a car dryer.

Probably back to an air compressor or cordless leaf blower with the little metro hand held doesn't have the output.
    I used mine shopvac for drywall as well...but if you disassemble the motor portion there should be a filter in there that is probably caked with drywall (i know mine was). After cleaning it all was clear .

If you then use it as a vac after, dirt will ofcourse get back in the filter...but if you turn the blower on away from the car for 20 or 30 seconds it blows all the loose dust out and can then be used on the car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
    I used mine shopvac for drywall as well...but if you disassemble the motor portion there should be a filter in there that is probably caked with drywall (i know mine was). After cleaning it all was clear .

If you then use it as a vac after, dirt will ofcourse get back in the filter...but if you turn the blower on away from the car for 20 or 30 seconds it blows all the loose dust out and can then be used on the car
    I didn't disassemble the motor unit to clean the coarse filter at the base. I noticed that even after blowing the filter out with pressurized air, particles would fly when I turned in on initially. Maybe I will take it apart and see what I can do.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    I didn't disassemble the motor unit to clean the coarse filter at the base. I noticed that even after blowing the filter out with pressurized air, particles would fly when I turned in on initially. Maybe I will take it apart and see what I can do.

Thanks!

No problem . Gonna warn ya, i bet its nasty in there...I used a 5 Gallon bucket of warm soapy water and by the time i was done with the filter the water was black.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Craftsman vacuum with the blower. Works great IMO. The blower is rated at 265 mph.
    Millennium Auto Care
    http://detailing-solutions.myshopify.com
    Follow me on instagram @millenniumguy

Post Thanks / Like

the 150 mph weedeater leaf blower from walmart works fine and is light enough to hold in one hand while using a small waffle weave or micorofiber towel in the other to blot any water droplets, and inexpensive at only $30 as well...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast