autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 over M07 show car glaze

Has anyone ever tried this combo? Do you think there would be any bonding issues of the wax if it was applied over M07? I love the durability of collinite 845, and I would like to use it instead of a carnauba wax for the durability factor.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite 845 over M07 show car glaze

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Has anyone ever tried this combo? Do you think there would be any bonding issues of the wax if it was applied over M07? I love the durability of collinite 845, and I would like to use it instead of a carnauba wax for the durability factor.
    Meguiar's M07 is a glaze and applying Collinite 845 on top should be no different than applying any other wax over a glaze.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Mike Phillips

First, I'm not a chemist and never pretend to be, knowing what I know now, if I could go back in time I would choose to be a chemist because I love cars and specifically polishing the paint on cars and this industry and the chemistry side is the deep end of the spectrum all things car wax related.

So with that said, here are the words of a chemist...

A wax, (natural or synthetic), is a substance that when applied to a surface will not adhere properly on its own. Thus, it is necessary to add specialized miscible oils to allow the waxy material to spread and adhere evenly to the surface. These oils along with polymers are responsible for improving the functionality of the wax protection, appearance, adherence and the overall application.

This means the addition of any Meguiar's polishes prior to the wax application will not only enhance the paint finish, but also aid in the appearance, adherence and overall lasting ability of the wax which is applied over the top of it.
    Anyone that's read my posts on this topic knows the first thing I will recommend is to

Follow the manufactures directions

So if a company says strip the paint clean before applying XYZ product, then do it.

If a company doesn't state that or if they don't have a specific recommendation as to how to prepare the surface before application of wax then quite frankly, I don't see it to be that crucial of a deal to polish paint and then apply a wax, sealant, or hybrid to the paint.

If for no other reason then because the majority of people that hang out on a detailing forum wax their car often enough that even if there were any bonding issues it's still a non-factor because before any protective coating will be completely worn off, it will be replaced with a fresh coating.

The above quote was taken from here,

Do Glazes/Fillers affect the bonding of NXT?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike once again. That link had some very good info in it. I didn't mean to ask a question that has been beaten to death...I know that all Meguiars products work with each other, and there would be no problem using them, but I was just curious as to how another company's product would work over the M07.