autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So after a month at school, is Neo still crazy about his car? Hell yeah!!!

so i've been up here in orlando for about a month now. A month without anywhere to wash the car This past weekend I did get the chance to go home and detail the car (and see mommy, get money, food, wash clothes, etc).

Ended up stripping the AIO/UPPx3 I've had on the car since late july and went for something a little more pretty, XMT CFG/ DP Max Wax. I know that it's not as durable, but i talked a friend into letting me wash my car at his house whenever i wanted, and he has a garage to do other stuff in, so i'm not too concerned about durability anymore.

car looked great! I really did miss that carnauba wetness :P then it was time to drive home. OH NO!!! lovebug season is in full swing, and my car was just detailed, what was I to do?!

well with a little mechanical engineering ingenuity I came up with a little something-

Scion OEM bra, and a sh*tload of blue painters tape! Normally the bra shouldnt fit seeing as i have an aftermarket front lip on the car, but hey, it's nothing a little bungee chording won't fix :P

and to show you why i went to such lengths, feast your eyes upon the thousands of little corpses i picked up on the hour and a half long trip-

the only thing that needs cleaning is the windshield, and that's only because i couldnt painters tape it :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Dam bro, you are super dedicated!! I like your style though!! And my family thinks Im crazy because I wont let anybody roll down a window after I wash my truck!! Dont want any streaks when I park at a store!!
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    Silver Streak Mica
    Double Cab 4x4
    AEM/K&N intake
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Split Second PSC1-003

Post Thanks / Like
    Lake Clair has water spickets if you have a hose, ther are afew apartment complexes along alafaya that have pay water hoses that last long for a buck. And on occasion a group of us meet at my house and do each others cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    it takes about 2 hours to wash my car... having to pay for a hose would get costly :-/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    it takes about 2 hours to wash my car... having to pay for a hose would get costly :-/
    Does that include the interior?
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    Silver Streak Mica
    Double Cab 4x4
    AEM/K&N intake
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Split Second PSC1-003

Post Thanks / Like
    no, that's from gathering supplies to the last wipe of the microfiber with QD to get up any leftover waterspots after blowdrying.

Post Thanks / Like
    man when i first looked at the picture i was like what did he do with htat paintjob...oh its tape nevermind.

the sad part is ive seen cars come in with literally about a thousand bugs or more on the front end...and we have to remove them all...your bra was clean compared to the cars i deal with

Post Thanks / Like
    so i've been up here in orlando for about a month now. A month without anywhere to wash the car This past weekend I did get the chance to go home and detail the car (and see mommy, get money, food, wash clothes, etc).

Ended up stripping the AIO/UPPx3 I've had on the car since late july and went for something a little more pretty, XMT CFG/ DP Max Wax. I know that it's not as durable, but i talked a friend into letting me wash my car at his house whenever i wanted, and he has a garage to do other stuff in, so i'm not too concerned about durability anymore.

car looked great! I really did miss that carnauba wetness :P then it was time to drive home. OH NO!!! lovebug season is in full swing, and my car was just detailed, what was I to do?!

well with a little mechanical engineering ingenuity I came up with a little something-

Scion OEM bra, and a sh*tload of blue painters tape! Normally the bra shouldnt fit seeing as i have an aftermarket front lip on the car, but hey, it's nothing a little bungee chording won't fix :P

and to show you why i went to such lengths, feast your eyes upon the thousands of little corpses i picked up on the hour and a half long trip-

the only thing that needs cleaning is the windshield, and that's only because i couldnt painters tape it :P
    I didn't think anyone else used tape and a bra at the same time, I had the same setup the last few weeks for all the love bugs. My friends think I'm crazy, but I still have all the paint on the front of my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    don't forget that all those bugs are from just an hour and a half of driving from port st lucie to orlando on sunday night. i'm leaving the bra and a tape on for as long as necessary or if it rains

Post Thanks / Like
    don't forget that all those bugs are from just an hour and a half of driving from port st lucie to orlando on sunday night. i'm leaving the bra and a tape on for as long as necessary or if it rains
    Thats what my car looks like every time I go to the rents house, they live way out in the sticks, it probably doesn't help that I usually book it down the roads to there house, that at night, its almost as bad during the day. I swear I think those bugs are gonna come through the window, there so big, I think they have collars on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast