autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best windshield washer fluid/additive

What's funny is that I barely go through washer fluid up here where we get plenty of road salt and dust and weather. I use maybe two gallons in winter and less than a gallon in summer, and I do a very average 12k miles a year. Wife does 6k miles and uses about the same. I don't bother switching up fluids from one season to the next; I buy a case of six gallons at Costco in the fall and I'm good for the year. It contains IPA and is rated to -45° and does a pretty good job on its own, but since I switched all my wintertime and rainy-day rinseless washes to D114 I've dedicated the rest of my ONR to use as a windshield washer additive, one ounce per gallon. It helps lift dirt and by cleaning better it seems to boost the effectiveness of my windshield coating (one year with FlyBy30 and still beading like the first day).
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Note: Holy thread revival, Shazam!!

From its product description:

"The ammonia-free formula removes oil, grease, silicone, wax, insects, dangerous glare films and environmental grime from front and rear windshields and plastic headlights in seconds.

It does not leave white residue on paintwork...
    And, the biodegradable formula is safe on paint"!

I noticed that its product description did not list
    its freeze-point, if using it where cold Winter
    climes is a possible concern, that is.

Bob
    I bought some and am madly in love with this product !
    I've only discovered Einzsett products in the last 5 months or so, whilst some of their products aren't anything special the ones i've been using have blown my mind.

I am very anal on keeping my windshield clean (without removing wax) and kristallklar has done an incredible job, so much so that I keep using it too much due to how clean and streak free my windshield is. My wipers used to streak in the rain ( they are wearing out) and it's really improved the performance of them during the rain.

I know this sounds like an ad but i'm just an enthusiast who's found a wonderful product after years of searching lol.

I will recommend though that you fill your wash reservoir first and then pour it in as it tends to foam otherwise and you waste so much product.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Makes 8 gallons of SUMMER fluid. In the winter, i just switch back to the blue.
    I don't have a winter to worry about fortunately

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Windshield washers should be outlawed! Have you ever been driving or riding in a spotlessly clean car or bike on a nice sunny day and the idiot in front of you hits his/her washers and now your spotlessly clean machine isn't anymore? I hate that!
    Sadly my washers tend to splatter water all over the car, also had it go inside the car as i've cleaned the windows with the sunroof open haha.

If only someone made a glass coating which was wiper friendly !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    What's funny is that I barely go through washer fluid up here where we get plenty of road salt and dust and weather. I use maybe two gallons in winter and less than a gallon in summer, and I do a very average 12k miles a year. Wife does 6k miles and uses about the same. I don't bother switching up fluids from one season to the next; I buy a case of six gallons at Costco in the fall and I'm good for the year. It contains IPA and is rated to -45° and does a pretty good job on its own, but since I switched all my wintertime and rainy-day rinseless washes to D114 I've dedicated the rest of my ONR to use as a windshield washer additive, one ounce per gallon. It helps lift dirt and by cleaning better it seems to boost the effectiveness of my windshield coating (one year with FlyBy30 and still beading like the first day).
    I use demineralised water and a bit of kristallklar but find I have to fill it up once a month. Never ever had this problem before, it's only happened recently !
    Before I would barely use my washers.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the 1Z website, you're supposed to use tap water with their washer concentrate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcochris View Post
    According to the 1Z website, you're supposed to use tap water with their washer concentrate.
    I don't like to use tap water as it leads to water spots and can cause legionnaires disease

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcochris View Post
    According to the 1Z website,
    you're supposed to use tap water with their washer concentrate.
    The tap water...over in 1Z Einszatt's German
    locale...may very well be more: user-friendly,
    and safer, on windshield/washer reservoirs
    and their components...than my tap water is.

Nonetheless:
    I use distilled water for these types of
    auto-glass washing systems.

My ol' tap water contains a bunch of minerals that
    will build up on the sprayers, lines, and other
    components (including the washer pump) which will
    lead to system failure.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123