autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Idea For A New Forum Category

I have an idea for a new category for the forum. Please let me know what you all think of it. I think it could be very beneficial for all of us.

Maybe there can be a new category on the forum were you can post products that you think AG should sell. Than say once a week AG can poll its members by having them vote on the various "wish list" items that have been posted. Even if it were a product that AG felt that it couldn't sustain a consistent sales volume with there still might be enough pent up demand among the forum members for AG to use it's awesome product knowledge and buying power to pre-arrange a one time group purchase perhaps on a monthly or quarterly basis. What a tremendous benefit that would be to all of the forum members. I know for a fact that I would be buying a canopy and a power washer from AG even if I had to wait a few weeks to place my order. The ability to be able to buy at such a deep discount and the peace of mind in knowing that AG utilized it's vast degree of knowledge in helping make a selection would be worth the wait. It would be a win win situation for all concerned. AG can make a small amount of profit on sales that it never would have had not to mention the collateral profits generated through the sale of impulse items introduced at the point of sale.

Thanks for reading my suggestion. Please let me know what you think.

May the shine be with you

Stuart "Unclestu"
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idea For A New Forum Category

I like the idea, I have no clue how much work it would create for AG though. Now I'm worried about potentially missing group buys in the future

Post Thanks / Like

I couldnt see that working out.

Post Thanks / Like

I think AG has has already proven that they pay attention to what we want .As we have seen so may lines of products and tools added .
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    I like the idea, I have no clue ho w much work it would create for AG though. Now I'm worried about potentially missing group buys in the future
    Thanks for the reply.
    There shouldn't be a need to worry about missing out on a group buying opportunity as you would be in contact with AG throughout the process. Lets say that I posted into the new category that I would like AG to sell a detailing canopy. At the end of the week or month or what ever time frame AG chooses to gather an ample sample of "wish list" items AG can than allow the members of the forum to vote on what ever item that they felt a desire to be able to purchase from AG. After the polling takes place AG can than do one of several things based upon the degree of interest expressed by the members for each specific item.
    1) AG can decide that there is such a great degree of interest in a specific item that they decide to add it to there permanent inventory.
    2) AG can determine that there is enough interest in a specific item to make a one time bulk purchase but not permanently add the item to there inventory.
    3) AG can determine that there is just not enough interest in a specific item to justify any further involvement
    If the detailing canopy that I posted to my wish list was the item that you had an interest in and voted so than if enough people felt the same way about that item as I mentioned earlier AG could either add it to their inventory or consider offering its members a group buying opportunity. If the later is the case than AG I imagine would qualify all those that showed an interest in the item in order to gauge the true size of a potential group (bulk) purchase. Upon determining the size of the order AG can than establish a price and contact those members that expressed an interest in lets say the detailing canopy that I originally posted on my wish list. You as a potential group purchase participant would be contacted by AG throughout the process of a wish list item becoming a reality.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwisejr View Post
    I think AG has has already proven that they pay attention to what we want .As we have seen so may lines of products and tools added .
    Thanks for the reply.
    I agree AG is very receptive to the needs of its customers. This is about communicating those needs to AG in a centralized location. It enables AG to have a finger on the pulse of the detailer or hobbyist in the field. As good as AG is there is always room for improvement. Wouldn't it have been covenant to have been able to buy a foam canon package with a power washer direct from AG? Lets say that out of all of AG'S members there is a thousand people out there that would be interested in a canopy. That is probably not enough of a volume to motivate AG to stock canopies on a regular basis as they tend not to be short term purchases. But don't you think an entity looking to purchase 1000 canopies would get a better price than a single independent detailer looking to buy just one canopy? Wouldn't it be great if as a member of the AG forum you were able to participate in the tremendous price reduction that a 1000 unit purchase can offer? It would just further eliminate the need for an AG customer to shop any place else. This could be good for everyone.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megsuser91 View Post
    I couldnt see that working out.
    Hi and thanks for your reply. Your avitar caught the attention of my signature LOL Are you a Porsche owner or admirer? My last 911 was in silver. Please elaborate as to why you do not see it working.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unclestu View Post
    Hi and thanks for your reply. Your avitar caught the attention of my signature LOL Are you a Porsche owner or admirer? My last 911 was in silver. Please elaborate as to why you do not see it working.
    I think it would just vreate an arguement about a product and its performance and whether it is worthy or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea.
    Not sure if it's realistic for AG though.
    I am looking for a pop-up canopy too... and some shop lights... autoglym...
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I love the idea.
    Not sure if it's realistic for AG though.
    I am looking for a pop-up canopy too... and some shop lights... autoglym...
    Hi Cee Dog and thanks for the reply. Perception is reality. If AG can see all of the benefits that this can provide both for the customer as well as themselves it will happen. I can see the AG slogan in my head
    "AUTO GEEK WERE WISHES BECOME REALITY LOL.
    Yea I never thought finding a canopy would be such a project. I need a one man easy up quick setup type. The problem is that I want it large enough to accommodate a Caddy Escalade.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast