autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

(Poor Boys in Sun?) Advice Needed.

Hello Guys and Gals,

I am a long time lurker and signed up just to ask ya'll with some real know-how a few questions.

I am asking you because I don't trust the sales reps. at Auto Geek. When I told them that I own a PC 7424, they recommended the 5 inch backing plate and 6.5 inch pads. I bought a number of pads in different colors and they are terrible on a PC 7424.

I was so disapointed; I put all my tools away and went back to doing things the old fashion way (by hand). It's almost like they just wanted to sell me what they had in large numbers rather than what is best.

Now I got the itch to go further in my detailing (just my personal black cars 2003 Marauder/ 2009 Fit).

Right now, I am using Megs #26 every 2 months on my cars but I was hoping to use Poor Boys products since they can be applied in the sun. I spend so many hours indoors working, waxing in the sun will make things A LOT better for me.

I was thinking about using:
    Poor Boys EX-P every 6 months,
    Poor Boys Natty Blue every 2-3 months,
    and Poor Boys Quick Detailer after every car wash (weekly).

Have any of you actually used these products in the sun?

If yes, did it affect its durability?

I really want to keep my paint protected from this South FL. sun. (Right now I use Megs #26 every 2 months but would rather wax less and use it in the sun if possible without killing durability).

Since you all know what a Black Honda Fit looks like, here are some pics of my Marauder. Do you think that the Natty Blue will have negative effects on the Silver on my Marauder?

Again, I thank you guys in advance and will post all my questions to you rather then the sales reps. at AG. I will just use online ordering so they cannot misinform me again.

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Poor Boys in Sun?) Advice Needed.

I have Natty's Blue. It says you can use it in the sun, but I still applied it in my garage. With the PC you should get the 5" backing plate and use 5.5" pads. The 3.5" backing plate with 4" pads is even better with the PC. I agree the 6.5" pads do nothing.
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshs07redss View Post
    ... With the PC you should get the 5" backing plate and use 5.5" pads. The 3.5" backing plate with 4" pads is even better with the PC. I agree the 6.5" pads do nothing.
    I figured that out as soon as I tried it. They sold me the white, gray, orange, ect. pads in 6.5 inch for nothing. Money in the trash for trusting them. Never again.

Still need to know about Poor Boys in the Sun. A lot of companies can claim things, I would like to know how the detailer experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shora View Post
    I figured that out as soon as I tried it. They sold me the white, gray, orange, ect. pads in 6.5 inch for nothing. Money in the trash for trusting them. Never again.

Still need to know about Poor Boys in the Sun. A lot of companies can claim things, I would like to know how the detailer experience.
    I would call AG when ordering your 5.5" pads and maybe they will discount the pads for you. AG has a very good customer satisfaction reputation. Yes Poorboys will work in the sun. Don't like to detail in the sun, but have used Poorboys in the sun with no ill effects.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW that black looks great.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I would call AG when ordering your 5.5" pads and maybe they will discount the pads for you. AG has a very good customer satisfaction reputation. Yes Poorboys will work in the sun. Don't like to detail in the sun, but have used Poorboys in the sun with no ill effects.
    I guess that I can try that. I want to order a bunch of other stuff too so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    BTW that black looks great.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shora View Post
    I guess that I can try that. I want to order a bunch of other stuff too so we'll see.

Thanks.
    Hey shora were in South Fla are you .I have plenty of products here that you may want to try.Feel free to PM me if your intrested always looking to help out another detailer close by .
    Lamborghini Broward

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Hey shora were in South Fla are you .I have plenty of products here that you may want to try.Feel free to PM me if your intrested always looking to help out another detailer close by .
    Thank you so much. That is such a nice offer. I'm in the N.M.Beach area.

Really, I am no detailer. I just take car of my cars.

What do you think about the Poor Boy products in the sun? It will really make things better for me since its more time in the fresh air where I spend so many hours indoors at work.

I have been having good results with the Megs #27 but it just doesn't last.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you can do it in the sun. It's just going to work better indoors. Maybe you can compromise and find some shade to work under. From your pics, it looks like you have a lot of shade around you house. How 'bout some pics of the Fit?

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever get a rotary then you will want to use your 6.5 inch pads. If you even want them that big. I love using 4 inch pads. I get less product sling and have much more control when using either type of polisher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast