autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

compounds and glazes

ok so I have posted this 3 times but to no avail. I need a good compound and a glaze for light cars and dark cars. I know when polishing a vehicle correctly a glaze isnt needed but theres just those times you need it to be show oerfect but you cant get that because the car is a DD. So help me im looking at poorboys glazes? and menzerna power gloss

Post Thanks / Like

Re: compounds and glazes

Quote Originally Posted by jamores23 View Post
    ok so I have posted this 3 times but to no avail. I need a good compound and a glaze for light cars and dark cars. I know when polishing a vehicle correctly a glaze isnt needed but theres just those times you need it to be show oerfect but you cant get that because the car is a DD. So help me im looking at poorboys glazes? and menzerna power gloss
    Power gloss is a very nice compound no matter what color it is being used on. As far as your glaze question, I would think you would polish the car before a show to bring out the best in the finish. If you are not doing that and use your glaze you are still leaving something on the table.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as compounds go I find Meguiars M105 hard to beat, especially the new DA approved version. As far as glazes go, I've really only used Meguiars DC2 and #7, but they also have #3, #5, and #81.

#3 and #81 actually have a cut of one on the Meguiars scale, which is very very minimal. #7 and #81 seem to be favorites of a lot of MOL users.

#7 is great on Single stage paints and is the richest in polishing oils, #5 was formulated for todays clear coats and is also a good choice.

If your working a BC/CC finish, color should not matter.

Cheers,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Jamores23,

I like 3M's extra cut compound (part num 06060). I just finished using the PoorBoys BlackHole on my black car and W0W!! The picture of my above avatar is before the BlackHole treatment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    As far as compounds go I find Meguiars M105 hard to beat, especially the new DA approved version. As far as glazes go, I've really only used Meguiars DC2 and #7, but they also have #3, #5, and #81.

#3 and #81 actually have a cut of one on the Meguiars scale, which is very very minimal. #7 and #81 seem to be favorites of a lot of MOL users.

#7 is great on Single stage paints and is the richest in polishing oils, #5 was formulated for todays clear coats and is also a good choice.

If your working a BC/CC finish, color should not matter.

Cheers,
    Rasky
    Why is it always Meguiars, you need to take the blinders off.
    There are other products out there, and alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by CakeDaddy View Post
    Jamores23,

I like 3M's extra cut compound (part num 06060). I just finished using the PoorBoys BlackHole on my black car and W0W!! The picture of my above avatar is before the BlackHole treatment
    Good call on the extra-cut, very nice compound to work with.

Jamores, either Power Gloss or extra-cut are great compound to work with. Power gloss does finish doen slightly better but extra-cut is easier to use. If you are stuck on getting a glaze, check out RMG or the Poorboys offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post

Good call on the extra-cut, very nice compound to work with.

Jamores, either Power Gloss or extra-cut are great compound to work with. Power gloss does finish doen slightly better but extra-cut is easier to use. If you are stuck on getting a glaze, check out RMG or the Poorboys offerings.
    It's always great to use other products out there, you never know what you will find......PW, M105, Extra-cut......RMG, DWG or Poorboys BH ...should do the job for you..............
    AMG Classic Automotive Detailing 45 year's and still going at it!

Post Thanks / Like

The OP asked for a recommendation for a good compound and a glaze. M105 is an excellnt compound, hard argue with that! As far as glazes are concerned, I simply stated what I have used, my mpressions of it, and that many other detailers like them as well. I have many, many different product lines and I'm always trying new ones. I just find Meguiars works best for most applications, so why would I recommend something other than that?

Why is it that you always attcking my posts? The OP asked for a recommendation and I gave it, just because it may not be a product you like does not mean it isn't good.

Rasky
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?

Post Thanks / Like

The OP asked for a recommendation for a good compound and a glaze. M105 is an excellnt compound, hard argue with that! As far as glazes are concerned, I simply stated what I have used, my mpressions of it, and that many other detailers like them as well. I have many, many different product lines and I'm always trying new ones. I just find Meguiars works best for most applications, so why would I recommend something other than that?

Why is it that you always attcking my posts? The OP asked for a recommendation and I gave it, just because it may not be a product you like does not mean it isn't good.

Rasky
    Not attacking, but it is always Megs this or Megs that. They have a few good products and that is it. I never claimed to say what I use is the best but if you look at other top detailers they basically use the samethings. If you used other products you would change your mind about always saying Megs stuff or is it that you don't want to upset your fellow buddies on MOL. I would agree with you that M105 is a nice product, but there is better stuff than what you suggested. If you were not so pro Megs then why did you have to post a poll from their site on here. Its all fine and good to be into a product but we both know one product line does not have all the best stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Not attacking, but it is always Megs this or Megs that. They have a few good products and that is it. I never claimed to say what I use is the best but if you look at other top detailers they basically use the samethings. If you used other products you would change your mind about always saying Megs stuff or is it that you don't want to upset your fellow buddies on MOL. I would agree with you that M105 is a nice product, but there is better stuff than what you suggested. If you were not so pro Megs then why did you have to post a poll from their site on here. Its all fine and good to be into a product but we both know one product line does not have all the best stuff.
    How is it not an attack? There is no reason for you to go OT in the thread because you don't agree with my recommendation. I have tried many other products and have decided what works best for me. You show me a top detailer that uses something else an I'll show you a top detailer that uses Megs. Excellent results can be achieved with just about any companys products, it simply a matter of adjusting your technique to meet the way the product works.

I have have plety of products to choose from

....and another forum also agrees with me on the use of a glaze, not just Meguiars.

You word in not law, and users should be able to decide for themselves what works best. When someone asks for recommendations they are looking for everyones opinion, not just yours.

Post Thanks / Like

How is it not an attack? There is no reason for you to go OT in the thread because you don't agree with my recommendation. I have tried many other products and have decided what works best for me. You show me a top detailer that uses something else an I'll show you a top detailer that uses Megs. Excellent results can be achieved with just about any companys products, it simply a matter of adjusting your technique to meet the way the product works.

I have have plety of products to choose from

....and another forum also agrees with me on the use of a glaze, not just Meguiars.

You word in not law, and users should be able to decide for themselves what works best. When someone asks for recommendations they are looking for everyones opinion, not just yours.
    Its not an attack, once again everything you post is Megs, get real.You think the top dealers only use Megs, you are crazy, they may use a few things from them but not the whole line. Glad to see you have other products and if you used them you would see they are better. Once again one line does not have the best products across the board and once you take the blinders off you would realize that. The problem is that you come here and everytime you post its megs, once again they are not the end all to detailing products. Your poll from detailing worls doesn't show much what is there 15 that responded, not much to judge there.I agree my word is not law and never should be taken as such, but from years of experience I know what works well and is sub-par. I also agree it is that people are looking for a broad range of opinions not just mine but I don't know why you post becuase everyone knows its going to be a Megs product, maybe if you switched it up once in awhile for s**** and giggles you wouldn't look like such a schill.That is my point, not an attack, and if you can't see that you are blind along with everyone of your posts is pushing Megs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast