autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using a steam cleaner on interior...

Quote Originally Posted by mcamp View Post
    300 degs. wont be too hot to ruin anything?
    No.
    If your just doing this on the weekends for friends and family,you can toy with those machines.If you want to do this professionally you'll need a better machine.Go on all the detail site's use the search engine.Learn from other people's mistakes

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Shark from Lowes too, must have been a lemon cause it didn't work longer than 15 seconds at a time. They took it back with no questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the idea of using steam to clean leather seats. I'm just worried that blasting 250+ degrees steam on a stain may damage the finish. Can anyone else confirm that this is perfectly ok before I invest in one of these? Thanks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not a problem. Just turn down the output and dont hold it on one spot too long. Wipe down with microfiber cloth and seats are perfect. I use a brush attachment that came with mine. View the process at:
    steam machinedesiderio vapor steamersteam carpet cleaner Kleen Car|professional detailing training|equipment

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Vapor Clean Desidero as well. It is awsom....that particular machine is very expensive though...It works great on leather and at full blast you can mess up interiors...just as a rotary will burn paint if the speed is too high and you hold it in the same spot. it takes a little practice to get used to it but I am happy with.....Except for the cost. Another good machine is the ladybug line. That line is alot more affordable

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am using home steam cleaner to cleaning the interior of my house. I was looking at these and was wondering i bought daimersKleenJet Pro Plus 200S at $739.00 only and now i am using it to clean my home.

Thanks,
    Marie.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Goood

Post Thanks / Like

When I was looking for a steamer I talked to Kevin and he said they had problems with the Desidero. I went with a $650 unit and use it for both the inside and some outside.

Post Thanks / Like

the desiderio is made outside the us and have heard others on another forum say they have problems getting replacement parts. i was just looking at the machine myself last night but the 1299 price tag made me bout fall out of my chair!

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious what kink of problems did you have with the Desidero? The steam works great on mine however the carpet extractor sucks in my opinion. It doesn't hold a lot of solution and the heat runs out quick when you are extracting. The plastic recovery tank is not that good either on it. I was detailing a car and rolled over a small rock and cracked the recovery tank and had to slap plastic cement over it to keep it from leaking. Now it looks like there is a big booger on the tank. I would think it would be more durable than that. But the steamer part of it is great on the desidero. If I had to do it again I would get a Mytee or Aztec for extracting carpet and then a separate steamer like the ladybug for the rest of the interior. It would have cost just a little more to buy separate machines but I think I would have been happier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast